Laoag Travel Answers

change location

laoag/ilocos tour

by edensampang Online Now Oct 16, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Hi There,
I'm planning on having a tour in ilocos norte, mostly in museums with my 2 children in december this year. May I ask what is the best date would you reckon we can go? We will be coming from Olongpao City, may you please advise if its best to travel by land or air? Would it be possible on a day tour only or would you recommend for a 2 days tour?

thanks,

eden

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • bulldogtwo's Profile Photo

Re: laoag/ilocos tour

by bulldogtwo Online Now Oct 16, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Keeping in mind the holidays and how busy transportation can get in the Philippines during the holidays, I would avoid travel over the Christmas/New Years breaks. As far as travel goes, travel in PI also takes a long time to get from one place to the other, if you can go by air you usually save a whole day. From Olongapo City to Laoag will take a whole day by bus, can your children handle that time without getting too bored? I do believe that there is an airport in that city. Travel by bus is adecent way to see the country but it can get tedious as well. I would advise taking a "delux" bus, spend the extra money and be comfortable, or go by air.
    Good luck

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • StefanosS's Profile Photo

by StefanosS Online Now Oct 16, 2009 at 6:55 PM

I recommend also by air. One more reason is the extensive damages on roads and bridges, due to recent calamities. In my Philippines page you can find the contacts to all local airlines. One day is not enough to enjoy the place and the area.

• asianbelle's Profile Photo

by asianbelle Online Now Oct 17, 2009 at 1:16 AM

I assumed you have your own vehicle should you decide to travel by land. Rough estimate would be at least 10 hours (it's almost the same length of time as Manila to Ilocos). A faster way is by air though that would mean traveling to Manila to catch a flight to Laoag.

As mentioned above, December is a peak season for domestic travel. I would suggest going in the first week of December. It's not yet school/work break so land and air traffic is not that heavy yet.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Laoag