Laoag Travel Answers

change location

Laoag to Vigan

by gorgeousdb Online Now Jan 2, 2008 at 6:27 PM

Hi!My family and I are going to laoag and we have a arrage a laoag city tour already.however,we also want to go to vigan and visit the mga "bahay na bato" or cobblestone st.? how can we get there po?pls help

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • asianbelle's Profile Photo

Re: Laoag to Vigan

by asianbelle Online Now Jan 2, 2008 at 6:40 PM

Travel time between Laoag and Vigan is 1-1.5hours. If you're coming from Manila, you'll hit Vigan first. Actually, there's really no need to get a guide in touring both cities as they can be easily be toured in half day (each city).

The "bahay na bato" is located at Heritage Village which is a short walking distance from the city center. Motorized vehicles are not allowed in this part, either you walk or take a calesa.

But if you prefer to have a guide, go to the tourist info center located across Plaza Salcedo.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Laoag to Vigan

by gorgeousdb Online Now Jan 2, 2008 at 7:25 PM

thank you!however nakabook na kasi kami sa fort ilocandia and nag avail na rin kami ng package nga na laoag tour.trip namin is via cebu pacific.we'll be arriving sa laoag at 130pm on sat tapos siguro yung tour will be the next day.kelan kaya best time pumunta sa heritage vill vigan and saan ba kaya sakayan papunta from laoag to vigan?sensya na ha.thanks again

by asianbelle Online Now Jan 2, 2008 at 7:47 PM

Visit Vigan the next day. From Fort Ilocandia, take a jeep or trike to Laoag City. From there, you could find buses going to Vigan.

You may want to take side trips to Bantay (belltower), Paoay (church, malacanang of the north, paoay lake) or Batac (marcos mausoleum).

by gorgeousdb Online Now Jan 2, 2008 at 9:36 PM

thanks again!i think those places you've mentioned are part of the tour package that fort ilocandia offered us. the next day will be tight cause our flight back to manila is 1pm...hmmm

by asianbelle Online Now Jan 2, 2008 at 9:58 PM

That being the case, ask your guide if you can extend the tour to Vigan at additional cost. Paoay to Vigan is about 30mins.

by gorgeousdb Online Now Jan 2, 2008 at 10:37 PM

ok. i think that would be great.marami pong salamat uli!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Laoag