Laoag Travel Answers

change location

Laoag-Vigan-Pagudpud Tour

by samlab Online Now May 8, 2007 at 6:32 PM

I have only half day of Sat to explore Vigan and 1 full day of Sun to explore Laoag, nearby towns and Pagudpud. Is this feasible?

Which sites should I prioritize/not miss given my limited time in these 3 areas?

Is it adviseable to travel by bus from Laoag to Vigan and back. Are there lots of buses/vans available? Until what time is the bus from Vigan to Laoag?

Any suggestions on good authentic ilocano food in laoag/vigan to try?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • princess_amber_doton's Profile Photo

Re: Laoag-Vigan-Pagudpud Tour

by princess_amber_doton Online Now May 10, 2007 at 5:22 PM

they say that it is best to go to pagudpud first... i suggest that u head to vigan for the half day tour then laoag then pagudpud for the tour .... i think you can tour vigan half day... laoag sites are quite far from each other... here are view suggestion for vigan (Pagburnayan, Baluarte ni Chavit ( 1 hour), Bantay Church and Bell Tower, Caoayan Loom Weaving, Simbahan a Bassit, Leona Florentino, St. Paul Cathedral, Vigan Tour Plaza Burgos, Heritage Village Plaza Burgos, Vigan Cathedral, Plaza Salcedo, Burgos Museum, Museo Nueva Segovia and Crisologo Museum, Syquia Mansion, Longganissa / Bagnet Processing center, site other hotels)...
    for the laoag (Visit Juan Luna Musuem, Marcos Mausoleum, Marcos Museom, Paoay Church & Lake, Malacanang of the North, La Paz San Dunes, Laoag Shinking Bell Tower)
    for pagudpud (Baccarag Church, Bangui View, Patpat Bridge, Cape Boejeador, Light House, Passuquin Salt Making, Kabigan Falls,agua grande, Paraiso ni san anton, blue lagon)....

thre are so many buses going to vigan and laoag they range from 500 - 900 pesos... hope this help

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Laoag-Vigan-Pagudpud Tour

by samlab Online Now May 10, 2007 at 7:54 PM

Thanks. It is expensive to go to Vigan from Laoag din pala... But thanks for the reply. So many sites to visit but soooo little time!!! Hope I can visit them all. But I really should not miss Pagudpud right?

• princess_amber_doton's Profile Photo

Re: Laoag-Vigan-Pagudpud Tour

by princess_amber_doton Online Now May 11, 2007 at 2:57 AM

yup! you should not miss pagudpud! its just 1.5 - 2 hours away from laoag... why not try to go to pagudpud first... They say its more practical to go to the north first and the bus from manila to pagudpud is only 550 pesos compare to bus going to laoag which ranges from 600-900 pesos… but since you are on limited time head to vigan and half day tour will be fine then head to laoag then to pagudpud…its gonna be a lighting tour and hope you enjoy the beach of pagudpud… me and my friends are going there this june 7 and we are really planning things carefully so as not to miss any place… if you have your own car your quite lucky! Enjoy!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Laoag