Lanzhou

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Foregners visit to qingdo for 90 days

Qingdao Mar 25, 2015 at 12:38 PM

Did you find the city safe for foreigners especially Indian in Qingdao, is there any prejudice for indians?

more
    • Business Visa for short term internship in China. For 3 months

China 14 hours ago

I need some help! I have applied for Business Visa for short term internship in China. For 3 months
      and my application is deficient for following work Permit. There are two types of work permit in China:

1. One year Work Permit – To apply for this kind of work permit, the applicant must have at least two years working experience.
      2. Short Term Work Permit (3 months) – This is the new policy starting to be implemented from Jan 30, 2015. The government official at Labor Bureau said currently only models or actors/actress who perform in China for a short period of time could apply for short term work permit.

I am a student and I neither have experience for 2 years nor I fall in actor category , in such a
      Case, what should I do as I have a job in hand in china but there is problem for visa as per new

visa rules implemented from Jan 30, 2015. Pl guide

more
    • effazainal's Profile Photo

Best budget hotel

Shenzhen Mar 10, 2015 at 4:40 AM

Hello,
      It's my first trip to shenzen and I need recommendation to 4* hotel. Preferably near whole centre and halal food places?
      Or the nearest train station from HK?

more
    • MSmargaret's Profile Photo

I am trying to return to Kowloon

Dongguan Mar 18, 2015 at 8:02 PM

Does anyone know if there is a bus that will go from LiaoBu, Dongguan to Kowloon, Hong Kong with only the stop at the border for immigration?

more
    • Why Chinese currency have two names

China Mar 9, 2015 at 6:36 AM

Have used an online currency converter easycalculation.com/currency... , where chinese yuan renminbi exchange rate was given. I came to know that chinese currency have got two names from this site only. Why it has two names?

more
    • listenandlearn's Profile Photo

LOCAL MOBILE PHONE/CELL PHONE

Shanghai Mar 2, 2015 at 7:19 AM

We will be in China for a month and we wish to have a local mobile phone/cell phone. Where can we purchase a local mobile phone ,"PAY AS YOU USE"? About how much will it costs? How does it work for a temporary mobile phone?

more
    • effazainal's Profile Photo

From Hongkong to shenzen

Shenzhen Mar 12, 2015 at 12:23 AM

Hello VTers

It's my first time travelling to shenzen and how do I travel to shenzen by train(which I heard of) from hongkong?

more
    • ktlaw1's Profile Photo

Malaria and other assorted nasties..

Yunnan Sheng Mar 4, 2015 at 7:41 AM

Hi guys

I'll be travelling to Yunnan in early April, going through Kunming, Dali, Lijiang and 2 days at Tiger Leaping Gorge.

I've heard all sorts of things from the friends i'm travelling with around the innoculations they're injecting (Rabies, Typhoid, maybe Hep A/B..) and the tablets they're taking (Malaria and the russian roulette of side effects).

I may be going out on a limb here, but is this all rather dramatic when I'm spending 2 days in a 'rural' location (Tiger Leaping Gorge) and staying at decent guesthouses/inns for the rest of the trip? Maybe it's the thought of Yunnan being exotic, or am I being far too lax in my own attitude to health, given my itinerary and April travel date?

any thoughts welcome!

Katie

more
    • Foreigners visit to qingdao , china for 90 days

Qingdao Mar 25, 2015 at 12:39 PM

Did you find the city safe for foreigners especially Indian in Qingdao, is there any prejudice for indians?

more
    • Does anyone has travel experience in Jiuzhaigou?

China Mar 11, 2015 at 7:04 PM

Hello, everyone. I am a Canadian and now on my business trip in China. As my business activities will be done ahead of time, I want to enjoy some beautiful scenery of China. Some friends on my facebook recommended Jiuzhaigou for me. And others recommended many other places. I don't know which one should I choose. Does anyone has travel experience in Jiuzhaigou?

more
    • places in China

China Mar 15, 2015 at 1:52 PM

Hello
      I want to know what are the most popular places in China?

more
    • KoalaB's Profile Photo

Travel tips

Beijing Shi Mar 13, 2015 at 9:31 PM

I'd really like some feed back re travelling to China in April. It appears the weather may be cooler than what I was expecting? I'm planning to take CNY currency with me but am unsure as to whether I should also take $US as well. The CNY cannot be loaded onto my Travel Debit Card but $US can. I'm travelling from Australia. If you can think of any other tips please feel free to let me know!
      Thanks ... KoalaB

more
    • myortodoks's Profile Photo

KUNMING ITINERARY

Kunming Mar 25, 2015 at 6:15 PM

Hi I will go to Kunming by Air Asia end of Oct 30 until 5 Nov 2015. From Kunming i would to go to Chuxiong, Lijiang and Dali by train. Can someone suggest me which area i should go first and which place I should cover.

more
    • Yangjing's Profile Photo

I'm in lanzhou .wanna make friends

by Yangjing Online Now Dec 15, 2014 at 8:36 PM

I'm in lanzhou city .is midwest of china ,I wanna get new foreigner friends in my life,I'm female,and I have study abroad experience
      If anyone wanna make friend or in this city wanna some helps ,can find me .my wechart ID:yangjing7866

4 Answers Jan 12, 2015 at 8:28 AM
    • Bus from Tongren to Lanzhou

by Stevecl79 Online Now Oct 15, 2013 at 3:53 AM

Can anyone advise me if it is possible to get a bus from Tongren to Lanzhou ? If so, what time, and how long is the trip ??
      Thnx
      Steve C

1 Answer Nov 1, 2013 at 6:19 AM
    • 2004me's Profile Photo

Is theTibet travel permit inough to entry to Lanzhou?

by 2004me Online Now Apr 12, 2010 at 4:13 AM

we will be coming back from Lhasa by train and will get off at Lanzhou. And we planning to take a train to Tashkent.We plan to get Tibet Travel permit.Is the Tibet travel permit inough to entry to Lanzhou?

4 Answers Apr 14, 2010 at 5:36 AM
    • Looking to meet some people

by aussiegurl Online Now Apr 24, 2006 at 9:32 PM

Hi guys and gurls -

I have been living in Lanzhou for two months now and I am the only teacher at a small school, I am looking to meet up for ppl for a coffee or lunch or some-thing if any-ones interested e-mail me : kris_is_in@hotmail.com :P Or post a comment on my website kristytrip.com :P thanks for your time hope to hear from some-one soon

12 Answers Oct 27, 2006 at 5:47 PM
    • what is Lush Green ?

by Charak63 Online Now Dec 19, 2005 at 2:20 AM

If any fellow VT member has experience it shall be valuable in giving me guidance. I watched long, big and shining green area down Zhangye,Shunhua and Dunle villages(38.06 -38.16 N & 101.01-101.14 E Elev 9153 ft)). It is at the border of Gansu Sheng & Qinghai Sheng provinces. This seems like rice or Rape plantations, but could it be so large?. Could you please give me some information on this ; what is this place, how big is it, its name.

1 Answer Jun 12, 2006 at 5:55 AM
    • rajeshktlanzhou1's Profile Photo

Search for an Indian in Lanzhou

by rajeshktlanzhou1 Online Now Feb 4, 2004 at 6:34 PM

I am looking for an Indian or person/family from Indian sucontinent in Lanzhou. If you have any information regarding this please mail me. I am postdoctoral fellow at Lanzhou University, School of Life science. Also if you can tell me about the place where Indian Spices can be purchased, i shall be grateful b'cos i need these things badly.

1 Answer Aug 13, 2006 at 2:31 AM
    • Is Gansu Museum in Lanzhou closed until end of 2004 or early 2005?

by mke1963 Online Now Dec 6, 2003 at 9:44 PM

The famous museum in Lanzhou - possibly the only reason for visiting - is closed for renovations, but until when? I heard November 2004 from one person and February 2005 from another. Any news? Why don't the authorities advertise that it is closed?

2 Answers Jun 2, 2005 at 7:08 PM
    • tiwarirajeshkumar's Profile Photo

Expenses in Lanzhou

by tiwarirajeshkumar Online Now Oct 23, 2003 at 2:43 AM

I have to join Lanzhou university as Postdoctoral Fellow. I would like to know that how much RMB will be sufficient to sustain a two person familiy if accomodation is free of cost. I an a vegetarian and occasionaly take Non veg food. Is vegetarian food available. I am going to get 1600RMB per month. Is it sufficient???

4 Answers May 14, 2006 at 9:27 AM
    • Allun's Profile Photo

Life in Lanzhou

by Allun Online Now Sep 28, 2003 at 7:46 AM

Hi, I'm thinking of going to live and work in Lanzhou soon and I wonder if you can offer any thoughts on the life and environment there. For example, just how bad is the atmospheric pollution there? Do you have any other comments on life there? Thanks for your help Allun

5 Answers Oct 13, 2009 at 10:49 AM