change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• sintaling's Profile Photo

Langtang easy trekking

by sintaling Online Now Jan 25, 2014 at 4:08 AM

Hello, I am going to Nepal in March 2014. I am travelling with my 60 year old mother, she is quite fit, but there are limitations, so it is not possible for us to do sleeping outside kind of trekking. Is there a possibility of some easy treks, for about 3 days in Langtang? We can do about 20-30km a day, but not climbing. I would appreciate any pointers on how to get to Langtang from Kathmandu, which town to get to and some trek advises around. If there is lodding possible inside the park, and if they are as far from each other that we would be able to do a day trek from one to another. Any help is very apreciated.

4 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 12:18 PM
    • BipulD's Profile Photo

Best Time for Langtang Treak

by BipulD Online Now Jan 24, 2014 at 11:50 PM

What is the best time for Langtang-gosiainkunda trek? I want to clear weather for photography. Is March - April suitable? Some one tell me weather is maximum time cloudy in March April, I cant see any pick.
      I have also experience in Oct-Nov. I want to Know as per clarity Oct-Nov & March - April is same or big different.
      Advance Thanks

6 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 7:38 AM
    • Visit Langtang national park with kids

by april_ays Online Now Aug 13, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Wish to visit Langtang national park in December this year with my kids. My kids are 10 and 12 years old. Can I go there without trekking? Just to go for mountain viewing.

4 Answers Aug 15, 2013 at 9:09 PM
    • Cruxer's Profile Photo

Langtang Ganja La Pass-trekking Alternatives

by Cruxer Online Now Jan 28, 2012 at 6:57 AM

Hello again,

I received some helpful tips from my last question about trekking the Ganja La Pass route in Langtang. I was wondering, if we did not want to hire a guide or porter but still wanted a challenge similar (less strenuous obviously) to Ganja La... what would be some alternatives? We will have about 14 days on our trek alone starting from our first day of actually walking. If you know the names of other passes, shorter peaks, or other mountaineering activities that WOULD NOT require a guide please share those! Thanks in advance. :)

6 Answers Feb 11, 2012 at 1:51 AM
    • Cruxer's Profile Photo

Ganja La Guide Question

by Cruxer Online Now Jan 25, 2012 at 3:26 AM

Hi. We are a small group of two with trekking/climbing experience. We have never been to Langtang before, but would like to trek the Ganja La Pass route. We are quite tight on money and will eat/sleep with friends in Kathmandu, so no accommodations are necessary. However, looking to hiring a guide (no porter), where is the best place to ask and what prices per day are we looking at? We would like to do our best to avoid a trekking agency... simply need a contact to arrange a guide. Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Answer Jan 27, 2012 at 11:47 AM
    • Road condition from Kathmandu to Dunche

by dalumie Online Now Oct 15, 2010 at 1:47 AM

Hi,

We are group of 7 pepople, and plan to take 4WD from Kathmandu to Dunche.
      We heard that the road was close before Dunche 3 weeks ago because of avalance.
      Do you know what are the conditions of this road now ?
      Where can we find 4WD to hire for this travel?
      What is the expected cost ?

Thanks,
      Efi.

2 Answers Oct 16, 2010 at 9:49 AM
    • Kathmandu to Dhunche Langtang - Sharing a Landcruiser

by Oliv33 Online Now Oct 4, 2010 at 8:41 AM

Hi all,

I am planning on going to Dhunche (Langtang) from Kathmandu on the 20th October. Departure in the morning.It can't be other dates for me.
      I would like to share a 4W Landcruiser with anyone interested. This way we reduce the cost. A landcruiser can accomodate 4 people or so apart from the driver so I am looking at 3 other people as I am travelling alone. Cost for the jeep is said to be between 100-150USD so if split 4 ways not excessive.

A 4W Landcruiser is of course more expensive than the TATA Bus but surely more confortable, slighlty faster and safer too considering the bad road up there.... It is a long journey 8 to 12 hours which has been described as "nightmare" nerve-wrecking" or "hell" by many trevellers, hence this other option I am suggesting.

Please let me know

Happy and safe travel and trekking to all!!!

Olivier

11 Answers Oct 5, 2010 at 8:35 PM