Travel Answers
Langtang

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Paragliding - most experienced (and insured!) company and flight duration opinion

Nepal Feb 22, 2015 at 12:32 PM

Hi, does anyone have any experience of Avia Club Nepal – they have been recommended by the company organising our holiday in nepal and they say they are pioneers in the field – but ……?

Also is it worthwhile paying the extra for an hour flight rather than 30 mins standard flight; 30 mins doesn’t sound very long but I can only guess? Thanks

more
    • Base camp newby

Nepal Feb 13, 2015 at 3:10 AM

Hi there
      I am drom australia and I am looking to plan a trek to base camp. I would like to go as part of a trek group or company that is highly reputable and would love some information or recommendations from anyone who has gone before!
      I am also wanting to know thoughts on duration, difficulty level what to take and altitude sickness. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

more
    • Must See Places in Langtang

Langtang National Park Feb 11, 2015 at 9:04 AM

Me and a couple of my buddies are planning to go for a short trek to langtang and we are hoping to be back in kathmandu In 5-6 days. how much far along can we go and What would be the best route?

more
    • Nepal in the end of June

Nepal Feb 14, 2015 at 7:52 AM

hello

I will be visiting Nepal in 3rd week of June with family and kids. As I understand that it may not be a best weather in those days. What precautions we should take and what places should we visit during our 7 to 8 days stay to make best out of our trip?
      I shortlisted Pokhara, Nagarkot, Lumbini, Bhaktapur and Chitwan initially. considering the Monsoon factor, which places can be visited?

more
    • Everest Base Camp Trek Questions

Mount Everest Feb 17, 2015 at 1:16 AM

Hello

I am starting this trek in April and really looking forward to it. I have lots of questions which i hope people can answer for me. im probably over thinking it a bit but no damage done i guess.

What are the chances of not being able to trek because of weather on a particular day? (I arrive Kathmandu April 3 and fly out April 20)

I don't have to book accommodation on the trail right? Just turn up? Is April peak season? Will accom be full if its peak season?

If I wanted to make up a day is there an easier stage to do this (I guess lower down the easier to ascend 600m in a day)?

Is there anything in particular that anyone has found really endeared them to the locals? Likewise, is there anything that a westerner may think nothing of, but would be very offensive to locals?

Seems popular to acclimatize on day 3 Namche. If you are feeling fine is there any point doing this?

The more I read about it, I wish I had at least another day or 2 on the trek, and I think I have decided to go to Kala Patthar and not actual base camp. Will I regret not going to the actual base camp?(from what I've read I don't think so)

Did anyone take anything along the trek they wish they hadn't?

When is it too late to get a porter or guide?

thanks very much to anyone that can answer any of these question!

more
    • Need some information about snow place in nepal to stay 2 days

by ajay1kumar1 Online Now Nov 23, 2010 at 5:49 AM

Hi ,

I planned my year end holiday in Nepal.
      and will be there ( in kathmandu) on 27 dec 2010.

But i want to go to some snow place for 2 days stay in snow.
      One of my colleague suggest me to go to manang/mustang or langtang.

I am confuse here, that where i have to go.

My requirement is only to stay in a hotel in a place in nepal with full of snow.
      We are 4 members and all are adults.
      Can you suggest me Where i have to go from Kathmandu and how can i go in that place.
      I will be highly grateful for Your reply.

Also please mail me the estimated cost of trip.
      Kind regards
      --
      This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies and the original message...Before opening any attachments please check them for viruses and defects.

Thanks & Regards
      Ajay kumar singh
      india

1 Answer Nov 24, 2010 at 5:13 AM