Landstuhl Travel Answers

change location

Cars in Landstuhl?

by PeggyMiller Online Now May 15, 2008 at 9:35 AM

Hi I am waiting for confirmation about a job in Landstuhl to begin July/August for 2 years. Help!? I've heard it's easier to get a car over there but I can only drive automatic. Are they gently used small, reliable cars that are automatic? Anyone have an idea where to look and how much they cost? My job there will require I drive about 1000 miles a month to military families in the areas. Any tips will be greatly appreciated. I am excited and stressed at the same time!!!
peggy plilygrace@hotmail.com

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • christine.j's Profile Photo

Re: Cars in Landstuhl?

by christine.j Online Now May 17, 2008 at 8:29 AM

Did you get my email?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by christine.j Online Now May 17, 2008 at 8:29 AM

Did you get my email?

• Re: Cars in Landstuhl?

by PeggyMiller Online Now May 26, 2008 at 9:13 AM

Thanks..I did get your email --appreciate it. I just got confirmation last week that I am confirmed for Germany to start Aug. 10th...I would have like to take my car but there's quite a big delay right now in overseas shipping so I am going to have to chance it to get an automatic car. I looked on one of the websites but couldn't find much in English! Oh well..I may have to just hope someone is coming back to the US in August that I can get a car from...
    any other ideas are welcomed!

by christine.j Online Now May 26, 2008 at 11:13 AM

You can send emails to the companies, even if they do not have any pages in English, there's someone in the office who speaks English. Good luck.

Or take some driving lessons in a manual car, it may even be cheaper in the end.

• Re: Cars in Landstuhl?

by mitcholaw Online Now Apr 28, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Hello..it looks like I am in the same situation as you (detail to Germany for 2 years)...I've only applied and of course haven't received confirmation but I have so many questions! If you can help...please send an email. Thanks!

by christine.j Online Now Apr 28, 2011 at 9:24 PM

This is an old thread and only those who answered back then see your question now. It's much better to start a new thread and ask your questions there.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines