Landeck

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Goiserstrasse, Salzburg - Car hire and Sking

Salzburg Nov 28, 2014 at 5:18 AM

I'm travelling to Vienna/ Salzburg from 29 Dec -3 Jan with a group of friends, ending our trip in Salzburg. We are staying in the area of Goiserstrasse, Salzburg for a few days, would we need to hire a car for the time we are there? or is everything local - supermarket/ski resorts/bars?

We plan to go skiing which resorts would be best recommend for beginners?

more
    • New Year's Eve in Vienna

Vienna Nov 26, 2014 at 7:44 PM

We are a group of three students / recent graduates in our early twenties, traveling through Europe over the coming months. We will be in Vienna for three nights over the New Year period (30th dec - 2nd jan), more by chance than design - although it does look like a fun place for it! We're all on a bit of a budget, so the many galas/concerts aren't really on the cards. The New Year's Eve Trail looks good, and it seems like the streets will be flooded with people and there will be fireworks etc.

My question is: where are the good places to drink and bring in the new year in the evening for a young group such as ours? And particularly after midnight - will we be fine just going to different bars/clubs or do we need to be looking into buying tickets for specific nye events?

Thank you for your replies.

more
    • agathi's Profile Photo

danube by boat

Vienna Nov 21, 2014 at 2:16 PM

Do you know any way that old scenery with castles on rocks or old churches by the coast can be seen on a river ride in dunabe? I wouldn't like to see boring scenery. Any ideas?

more
    • o_henna's Profile Photo

Road travel

Vienna Dec 17, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Hi , we are a young couple taking a car journey from Vienna to Munich. The trip is for about 10 days. Please help me plan an itenery starting from Vienna, which too is new for me. Thank you. We like nature, quaint places, parties and glamour. Please give me suggestions as where all to visit and where to take halts. Thank you

more
    • Will Vienna be 'deserted' on Christmas day and boxing day?

Vienna Dec 12, 2014 at 3:41 AM

We will arrive on the evening of the 22nd of Dec and made an itinerary of visiting xmas markets and sightseeing. We know that this is a family holiday, will there be any restaurants and cafes open on xmas eve, xmas day and boxing day? Will there be anything to do during those days? We leave early on the 27th.

Thanks

more
    • cherylll's Profile Photo

accessible by car

Hallstatt Dec 14, 2014 at 2:37 PM

Hi, We will be travelling to Hallstatt and have a rental car...can we drive into Hallstatt? We plan to sprnd 2 nights in Hallstatt...Thank you! Cheryl

more
    • Help! Salzburg on christmas eve or boxing day?

Salzburg Dec 12, 2014 at 8:34 AM

We will be in Vienna from the evening of 22nd Dec, leaving on the 27th in the morning. We would like to go on a day trip to Salzburg and I'm wondering which day is the best to visit. I mean does anybody know if markets and shops and restaurants and sights will be open on christmas eve or the 26th?

Thanks

more
    • what to do in 3hrs

Vienna Dec 17, 2014 at 10:26 PM

hi will reach airport at 1015 ,wait student bus to prague at 13:00pm,
      1-what can we do or c in 3hrs to go downtown by train
      2-where can we leave our luggage
      plz advis
      or something near airport to c

more
    • Vienna to Salzburg Trains

Vienna Dec 13, 2014 at 8:01 AM

Hi, we are looking for a day trip from Vienna to Salzburg and was wondering which train to take. I have checked on the internet and found that OBB (http://www.oebb.at/) for a one way ticket to Salzburg is around 118 euro. Also there is one more train service called westbahn (https://westbahn.at/) but the fair is almost half the price.

Does anyone know what is the difference between the two train services ?

more
    • what to see in and near Vienna in 3 days?

Vienna Dec 4, 2014 at 1:17 AM

Me and my wife are travelling to Vienna and have 3 days spare can anyone help me with the itinerary and suggest places to see and things to do in and around Vienna?

We are thinking about going to Prague and/or Budapest how feasible is it and also is it worth going?

more
    • banuaka's Profile Photo

5 days in Vienna, 1 day in Salzburg

Vienna Nov 26, 2014 at 12:21 PM

Hi everybody!...
      For my Vienna&Salzburg trip (5 days in Vienna, 1 day in Salzburg) I would like to have some suggestions:
      1) For the accommodation, which part would be better?
      2) For the transportation which would be the most economical&beneficial way between daily/hourly cards, e.t.c.?
      From airport to the Centrum which way I should choose?..bus or metro?...
      3) For the museums; top 3 or 4?
      4) For the palaces I have a concern: Spring or summer time would be nice...but in winter time!? Does it still worth to visit!?..Unless you could not be able to sit at the gardens... only the interior side!?...
      5) Nontouristic, nice and good (and with reasonable prices) restaurant suggestions, with delicious food advises?
      6) Enjoyable, nice streets, and other worth to see places?
      and any other "must to do" or "do it you'd love it" suggestions would be appreciated.:)

Thank you very much...best wishes!...
      Banu

more
    • Question about castle

by touringtheworldoneda Online Now Feb 28, 2009 at 11:20 AM

What is the name of the castle a nother user is describing in the landeck things to do tourist reveiws?

1 Answer Feb 28, 2009 at 1:48 PM
    • weather

by talisha Online Now Jan 17, 2007 at 10:29 AM

could anyone tell me if landeck gets much snow at christmas as i am taking my young family there for christmas and we are looking forward to a white christmas any help would be great thankyou

2 Answers Jan 17, 2007 at 2:07 PM