Land Thüringen Travel Answers

change location
Camellia36's Profile Photo

SANGERHAUSEN ROSARIUM

by Camellia36 Online Now Feb 12, 2011 at 2:59 PM

Has anyone been to the Rosarium in Sangerhausen. I see I can catch a train from Erfurt and it appears tobe a 20 min walk to the Rosarium, looked to see if there were taxis and yes they are but would appreciate any comments please.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Kathrin_E's Profile Photo

Re: SANGERHAUSEN ROSARIUM

by Kathrin_E Online Now Feb 12, 2011 at 3:16 PM

The distance is walkable (and the old town of Sangerhausen has a bit to see on the way). I walked, so I cannot tell about taxis. However, in those small towns you can't count on taxis being there at the station waiting for customers. You'd have to phone, order one and wait. In that time you could have just as well walked over.

I have only seen the Rosarium in September, actually a bit late for roses, and it was still beautiful and worthwhile. In early and high summer it must be marvelous.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Feb 12, 2011 at 3:52 PM

Rose-mark. Nice tip for my next trip to Thüringen, thanks!

When you're in Erfurt be sure to visit the Gloriosa. The 11 ton bell is a sight to behold. Maybe you can hear it ring as well. There are various Youtube videos to be found.
    bistum-erfurt.de/front_conte...

• german_eagle's Profile Photo

by german_eagle Online Now Feb 13, 2011 at 2:10 AM

Make sure to visit the gardens in Erfurt first, before you head to Sangerhausen. Although the Rosarium certainly is worth a visit I would not do the excursion only for this from Erfurt.

erfurt.de/ef/en/sightseeing/...

www.egapark.de (click on English)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Land Thüringen Travel Answer Locations