Land Sachsen Travel Answers

change location
Poroshin's Profile Photo

Sachen-Ticket

by Poroshin Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 3:10 AM

Good day !

May I ask about Sachen-Ticket ? I have read that I can buy just one ticket and use it during a day in one land.
In my next trip I 'm going to visit Chemnitz from Dresden and then go to Liepzig in the same say. And I've bought Sachen-Ticket already. There is information about just Dresden or Chemnitz but Leipzig in this ticket.
Can I use it or not to get to Leipzig that day too? What was my mistake? What ticket should I bought?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Quote & Answer
10 Answers
  • Kathrin_E's Profile Photo

Re: Sachen-Ticket

by Kathrin_E Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 3:33 AM

You have done perfectly right. The Sachsen-Ticket is a day pass, so yes, you can use it to Leipzig as well if you continue on the same day.

It's one of DB's secrets why these tickets have a connection printed on them, which is unnecessary and confusing as they are day passes and good for any local/regional train within the area and period of validity. The reason must be within their computer system. You can happily ignore that.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Poroshin's Profile Photo

by Poroshin Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 3:55 AM

Thank you very much, Kathrin !
    I've bought it and was afraid a little. That ticket has even set of trains that I should use..And what will be if I get another train like that written ?

I am grateful to you for your permission and an explanation.

Hard to live so stupid...:-))), sorry..

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 4:34 AM

Enjoy your stay in Sachsen! If you do happen to look for good value accommodation in a smaller town near Leipzig (Weissenfels), then I recommend: Weißenfels Hotel Tips by ATLC

1 member found this helpful

• Turtleshell's Profile Photo

by Turtleshell Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 6:37 AM

Poroshin,
    The Sachsen-Ticket is valid on all regional trains. I guess the connections printed on your tickets are suggestions but they are definitely not mandatory.

The Sachsen-Ticket, as you probably know, is valid from 9am - 3am of the following day (Mo - Fr) or midnight to 3am of the following day (holidays + weekends) on regional trains - that is: no ICs ECs or ICEs! - and public transport in cities within Sachsen/Saxony. This, of course, includes Leipzig.

May I suggest visiting Görlitz while you are in Sachsen?

1 member found this helpful

by Poroshin Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 8:10 AM

Turtleshell wrote: Poroshin, The Sachsen-Ticket is valid on all regional trains. I guess the connections printed on your tickets are suggestions but they are definitely not mandatory.

The Sachsen-Ticket, as you probably know, is valid from 9am - 3am of the following day (Mo - Fr) or midnight to 3am of the following day (holidays + weekends) on regional trains - that is: no ICs ECs or ICEs! - and public transport in cities within Sachsen/Saxony. This, of course, includes Leipzig.

Of course, I knew that! I'm quite adult and even can read.  Why do they print SUCH tickets? They confuse people from other coгntries, don't they?

May I suggest visiting Görlitz while you are in Sachsen?

Thank you for the answer&offer.  Next day after Chemnitz/Leipzig I'm going to fly away to Tenerife Island.

by Poroshin Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 1:47 AM

I've replied already

by Poroshin Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 1:48 AM

I've replied already.

• abalada's Profile Photo

by abalada Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 3:20 AM

Poroshin wrote:

Of course, I knew that! I'm quite adult and even can read.  Why do they print SUCH tickets? They confuse people from other coгntries, don't they?

This depends on the method you buy the ticket.

If you buy a Sachsen-Ticket from at ticket machine or at the counter there won't be a connection on it.

Same if you buy it online through the below page (-> Sachsen -> Book your Sachsen-Ticket)

bahn.com/i/view/DEU/en/price...

If you buy it through the DB timetable, i.e. out of a connection this connection will be shown on the ticket for your convenience. With a DB Online-Ticket printed on A4 paper the ticket as such needs only the upper third. Thus there is space below to print also the connection on the ticket. Apart from a few specials (Dauer-Spezial, Europa-Spezial) this connection is not binding. It's really just there for your convenience as DB thinks that this is the connection you want to use.

by Poroshin Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Thanks for explanation. I am not going to judge the orders in the other country.
    Hope auditors in the train to Leipzig won't fine us :-(

by Poroshin Online Now Jun 15, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Thank you for your answer! i've visited Germany, I 've used regional ticket,You helped me by your answer. Thank you.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Land Sachsen Travel Answer Locations