Lancaster

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Time spent at longwood

Longwood 10 hours ago

We will be visiting Longwood Gardens on a Monday this June with our 2 year old in a stroller. How many hours should we anticipate spending there assuming the weather is decent? We would like to take our time as it is very unlikely we will ever have the opportunity to go back.
      Also, are there any areas for children to run around and play?

more
    • alycat's Profile Photo

Beachside weekend getaway

Philadelphia Apr 2, 2014 at 2:32 PM

Hello all,

Please suggest ideas for a beachside weekend getaway from DC for a couple...small condo/resort/cottage for accommodation and good seafood restaurants near the beach!

Thanks
      Ali

more
    • marca's Profile Photo

Hotel Near to Riverview Park

Pittsburgh Apr 15, 2014 at 9:25 AM

We are doing a charity bike ride beginning and ending at Riverview Park. Is there a clean hotel (it does not have to be a chain) within 5 miles from the Park?

more
    • vvanawhitee's Profile Photo

walking tours

Pittsburgh Mar 29, 2014 at 11:23 AM

i was wondering if there were any walking tours or other tours in pittsburgh?

more
    • Gettysburg picnic

Gettysburg 11 hours ago

Will we be allowed to stop for a picnic while doing a self guided tour of the gettysburg battlefield? Are there covered pavilions with picnic tables? Are there any playgrounds for toddlers along the route?

more
    • Hotel near Carnegie Mellon

Pittsburgh Mar 23, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Hi all. I'm planning a stay in Pittsburgh to visit my nephew at Carnegie Mellon. I've narrowed the hotels down to the Hilton Garden Inn in Oakland and the Marriott Courtyard in Shadyside (don't ask me about my winnowing criteria). Anyone familiar with these neighborhoods or hotels to help me tip the balance one way or another? Thanks much.

more
    • Hotel for Soccer Tournament

by Ecl09 Online Now Jan 6, 2014 at 10:52 AM

My son is playing in the PA Classics soccer tournament this Spring in Manheim and I am responsible for booking the hotel for the entire team. The tournament website recommends the Lancaster Inn & Suites (www.lancasterinnandsuites.com) but I wanted to know if anyone has any other suggestions before I book the rooms. Looks like this place offers a AAA discount and some group rates...anyone ever stay there and have a good or bad experience? Other recommendations?

Thanks!

• bus availability or advise

by janetmorris Online Now Sep 4, 2013 at 8:08 AM

How do I find the various times a bus might go to Lebanon? I will be arriving at Amtrak station. I have looked into a car rental and even that seems as though it might not be the easiest.. Thank you

2 Answers Sep 5, 2013 at 4:51 AM
    • Transportation to Lancaster from DC

by nicolebcw Online Now Aug 7, 2011 at 11:12 AM

Are there any inexpensive buses or trains from DC to Lancaster? The Amtrak is very expensive so am searching for alternative carriers. Thanks!

4 Answers Jun 18, 2012 at 4:13 PM
    • Gourd Farm

by DianeP123 Online Now Oct 26, 2010 at 4:27 PM

I was on this tour two years ago and visited a farm that sold Gourd birdhouses. I have tried to find it again, and cant remember where it is. Can anyone help????

1 Answer Oct 26, 2010 at 5:09 PM
    • Music

by hellodear Online Now Sep 16, 2010 at 11:57 AM

what type of music do they play at the Village?

1 Answer Sep 17, 2010 at 12:43 AM
    • Things to do in the Summer?

by bc416 Online Now Aug 17, 2010 at 8:18 AM

Hey all,

I'm coming up to Lancaster, PA on Friday for a family reunion on Thursday, and I was wondering what would be some fun things to do around town? The one thing that I have planned is to see Bonerama at the Marion Court Room on the Sunday, 22.

Thanks for your help!

2 Answers Aug 17, 2010 at 1:05 PM
    • RenSchwa's Profile Photo

Sunday Activities?

by RenSchwa Online Now Aug 21, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Hello-

I'm going on a day trip to Lancaster on a Sunday. Can anyone recommend craft/antiques stores (other than the outlets) that are open?

Thanks!!!
      Renee

1 Answer Aug 17, 2010 at 1:06 PM
    • night life

by babeebule Online Now Jun 14, 2009 at 6:07 PM

hello,

i am looking for a place to stay close to them antiques and also the outlets in lancaster.pa. however we would like a place that of course is clean but also has a lounge with a band on friday evenings. can you suggest something
      thanks jodie

1 Answer Aug 17, 2010 at 1:09 PM
    • night life

by babeebule Online Now Jun 14, 2009 at 6:07 PM

hello,

i am looking for a place to stay close to them antiques and also the outlets in lancaster.pa. however we would like a place that of course is clean but also has a lounge with a band on friday evenings. can you suggest something
      thanks jodie

1 Answer Jun 16, 2009 at 9:26 PM
    • cattinni's Profile Photo

Buggy Tours

by cattinni Online Now Jul 25, 2008 at 8:20 PM

Is there a Buggy tour that leaves from the town of Lancaster?I am taking the train there,so I will not have transportation.Most of the tours seem like they are out of the main city area.Any suggestions???

3 Answers Jul 27, 2008 at 6:59 PM
    • cattinni's Profile Photo

country tours

by cattinni Online Now Jul 14, 2008 at 9:34 PM

I will be taking the train to Lancaster in August and would like to find a tour or transportation into the surrounding areas for photos.Is it possible to hire a carriage to take you around??

3 Answers Aug 17, 2010 at 1:07 PM
    • Amish Family Home Dinner

by jreinh Online Now May 4, 2008 at 11:41 AM

I read about the dinner served by an Amish Family. We are bring our grandchildren in June to go on the Strassburg Railroad. We would very much like to know about the dinner with the Amish Family. Can you please send me more information? Where, when, How.???
      thanks

2 Answers May 4, 2008 at 4:05 PM
    • From Washington dc to Lancaster

by Claudia1976 Online Now Aug 22, 2007 at 3:19 AM

We are travelling from Washington DC to Lancaster. Which route is the best to see most of the Amish people.

Claudia

1 Answer Aug 22, 2007 at 3:45 AM
    • Help, hubby just told me he wants to go to Lancaster and surrondings

by ConnieVa Online Now Jul 7, 2007 at 6:53 AM

Usually when we travel I have plenty of time to research the area. Hubby mentioned last night he would love to go to Amish country. Now I know a lot of the area is "pretend" Amish. Being from Virginia I am not "green" about respect etc.

What I really want to know is this: Looking for a motel where we can take our Maltese. He will be crated while we are out and about sightseeing. We don't need a fancy motel but don't want to stay in a dump either. It would be nice to find a place where you almost have a little cabin (for lack of a better term) but it would be fine if it were just a motel that allows pets.

Also, want to get out and see the farmland and how the Amish live. I am used to Menonite people but hard to explain to a Texan (hubby) the difference.

We are not into shopping but do like to see points of intrest.

3 Answers Aug 10, 2007 at 8:19 AM
    • What's the name of that BASKET SHOP ?!?

by carolpeedie Online Now Apr 10, 2007 at 10:41 PM

Hi there friends,

I lived in Lancaster (actually Manheim Twp,) for 7 years, and moved back to my native Michigan about 3 years ago. Anyway... can someone tell me the name of that big (as in, they have 1,000's of 'em) basket store out east of town on Rte. 30? It was past the outlets... but I don't think as far as Gap. I thought it was called Basketville... but in searching online I can't find it at all. I bought so many great -- and inexpensive -- baskets while we lived there, I'd like to see if their stuff is available online. Thanks in advance! --Carol

5 Answers Jun 13, 2007 at 12:00 PM
    • Career Move

by rehomobanker Online Now Dec 26, 2006 at 11:17 AM

I am interviewing for a position in Lancaster, and want to know if I'm making the right choice about living there M-F. Of course my escape on the weekends would be my beach house. I am wondering if Lancaster is Gay Friendly.

Thanks,

Patrick

• Furniture?

by blaetcyap Online Now May 11, 2006 at 4:04 PM

What are some good places to purchase authentic amish furniture ,entertainment center cabinet to be precise?

3 Answers Jun 23, 2013 at 8:25 PM
    • Furniture?

by blaetcyap Online Now May 11, 2006 at 3:02 PM

What are some good places to purchase authentic amish furniture ,entertainment center cabinet to be precise?

4 Answers Sep 16, 2006 at 4:30 AM
    • mean_green_leftovers's Profile Photo

Beszél magyarul? Sprechen Sie Deutsch?

by mean_green_leftovers Online Now Oct 25, 2005 at 8:39 PM

I am studying these two languages and am looking for anyone who is interested in speaking them with me to improve.
      My Hungarian is very beginner, so if anyone who doesn't know it and wants to learn, you wouldn't have far to catch up and I have an extra book.

1 Answer Sep 16, 2006 at 4:34 AM
    • mean_green_leftovers's Profile Photo

Sheepshead in Lancaster

by mean_green_leftovers Online Now Oct 8, 2005 at 11:16 AM

Hi, I just moved here from WI and am wondering if there is anyone out there who plays Sheepshead/Schaftkopf out here. I would really like to find some live games.

1 Answer Sep 16, 2006 at 4:36 AM
    • F&M Franklin & Marshall College- Lancaster, PA.

by cityislander Online Now Sep 20, 2005 at 5:18 PM

F&M College is wonderful, and the Admissions Dept at F&M College is very nice, Especially when Suggesting the Marriott Fairfield and the Hilton Garden Inn at Granite Run Drive as overnite choices, closeby and than 10 mins from the F&M campus. Both hotels are very nice, well kept, and with courteous staff. Thanks F&M for the advice.

• Sight and Sound Theater

by cherylrf Online Now Aug 24, 2005 at 1:00 PM

For anyone visiting Lancaster PA area, you must make it a point to come to see a production at Sight and Sound. We have seen most of them over the past 10 years and they keep getting better. The quality if first rate and the talent is incredible. The Milennium Theater is itself a marvel to see. Many friends work there and it's something very special. The current production is "Ruth" and I think it plays into October. Welcome everyone!
      Cheryl

3 Answers Sep 16, 2006 at 4:19 AM
    • Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

Interesting but simple accomodations...w/o formality & victorian ruffles

by Pawtuxet Online Now Jun 21, 2005 at 4:53 AM

We're on our way to Lancaster, Hershey and Lebanon, PA. this summer. Trying to find a small quiet spot to stay while in the area. Enjoy old. Heard about the great Penna. Dutch cooking. Don't like the standard motels, hotels, and frilly Victorian B&B's. Maybe a farm stay...if it isn't 10 miles from every restaurant? Is there a simple old inn? Cottage with kitchenette..or breakfast included? Guess I'm a bit fussy, but don't like the impersonal, expensive and (I feel) uncomfortable glitzy tourist traps. Don't need luxury so much as comfy.

2 Answers Aug 19, 2005 at 8:11 AM
    • flooding problems?

by squirt55 Online Now Sep 20, 2004 at 12:16 AM

Could someone from Lancaster tell me if there is a problem with flooding in the area? Which areas have the most trouble...which areas are in a flood-free zone. Any help with this question would be appreciated.

1 Answer Jan 20, 2006 at 4:55 AM
    • Bugs?

by squirt55 Online Now Sep 16, 2004 at 4:19 PM

I have another question about the Lancaster area. What kinds of bugs do you have? My main concern is spiders (I'm extremely arachnophobic). Are they a big problem? Are they large or just normal-sized? Thanks for your answers in advance

3 Answers Oct 6, 2005 at 1:08 PM
    • Winter clothes in Lancaster

by squirt55 Online Now Sep 16, 2004 at 3:53 PM

Me, my husband and our teenage son are moving to Lancaster in October from Albuquerque, NM. Needless to say, the winters are not exceptionally cold here, though jackets are required. Can anyone advie me as to what kind of clothing, outerwear and footwear we need to purchase to survive a Lancaster winter? Any help would be appreciated

2 Answers Sep 16, 2004 at 7:33 PM
    • Sight & Sound Theatre

by tripleapam Online Now Aug 26, 2004 at 9:03 PM

Interested in your thoughts about the Noah Show at the Sight and Sound Millennium Theatre. Is is worth the expense and will a seven year old enjoy?

4 Answers Sep 16, 2006 at 4:41 AM
    • Mr_Furious's Profile Photo

PA Dutch country: bike rental

by Mr_Furious Online Now Jul 28, 2004 at 1:39 PM

Hi, I'm leaving for the US in 10 days (mostly around NYC) and since it would be a shame to miss the us countryside I thought maybe the area around Lancaster (PA) would be nice to see the countryside, some of those wooden covered bridges and perhaps some Amish (although I'm not expecting too much of that). My LP book and various websites on the area say that it's a really nice area to go cycling and the pictures I saw on the net only seem to confirm this, but the problem is that I couldn't find any adress (LP or net) in Lancaster or the area around Lancaster where I can rent a bicycle for a couple of days. Who can help me finding a place like that? It would be a shame being stuck on buses and so on because it looks soo great for cycling. Thank you, Bert Dosfel ps: prices on campgrounds seem rather high to me, around 20 US. Is it cheaper for a lonely traveller in a small, sad-looking tent?

2 Answers Jul 29, 2004 at 5:38 AM
    • Places to live in Lancaster

by hisrae Online Now Mar 21, 2004 at 5:53 AM

My wife recently got a job in Lancaster, PA. I'm wondering where a good place to live would be in Lancaster or the nearby area. We have a 3 year old daughter, and we would like to live away from industry, in a safe, low-crime area that has some places (restaurants, shops) within walking distance. Please advise.

2 Answers Mar 22, 2004 at 12:56 PM
    • Where to stay for a while in Lancaster

by patlaplan Online Now Sep 22, 2003 at 8:13 AM

Ok, I might need to go on a business trip for 2-3 months and maybe longer down in Lancaster PA. I would be down there from Monday to Friday. I would have an allowance of 60$/day for rent (or hotel) and 43$/day for food. My question: Is there any place that I could stay that long for that much money. I wouldn't mind living with a family or an Amish family. My work is software designer. Thanks, pat