Lancaster Travel Answers

change location
cattinni's Profile Photo

country tours

by cattinni Online Now Jul 14, 2008 at 9:34 PM

I will be taking the train to Lancaster in August and would like to find a tour or transportation into the surrounding areas for photos.Is it possible to hire a carriage to take you around??

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: country tours

by usatravels Online Now Jul 15, 2008 at 2:43 AM

Hello

If this were what you’re looking for, I would recommend this particular tour, which I have been on myself. “Horse Drawn, Buggy” You can have your own private buggy as couples or families you may have your choice of buggies or open wagons. The tour is specifically touring live working Amish farms and communities, and i'm sure it's possible to arrange your own mini tour! Contact the provider direct to obtain your quote at;
    amishbuggyrides.com/html/wel...

Best wishes

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • PR-7's Profile Photo

Let me make one minor request

by PR-7 Online Now Jul 16, 2008 at 11:01 AM

> find a tour or transportation into the surrounding areas for photos

I'm going to presume you're hoping to see Amish people. Please be aware of, AND RESPECT, the fact that Amish have an absolute prohibition on being photographed. Taking their picture while they are out in their fields or riding their buggies would be like someone taking your picture while you are having a shower. If you can't respect their wishes, at least be discreet about your violation of their privacy.

• Re: country tours

by angmick Online Now Aug 17, 2010 at 1:07 PM

sorry no carriage but you can rent a bike or scooter
    also you can go on a buggy ride a 3.5 mile ride thru the country on A is for amish buggy ride for 12.00

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines