Lancaster Travel Answers

change location

Furniture?

by blaetcyap Online Now May 11, 2006 at 4:04 PM

What are some good places to purchase authentic amish furniture ,entertainment center cabinet to be precise?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • KalamazooJohn's Profile Photo

RE: Furniture?

by KalamazooJohn Online Now May 18, 2006 at 1:41 PM

I notice you have not had any replies for a week. I used to live in Lancaster and though I have been all around the tourist areas, I can't say I would know where to buy furniture. Most people would look in the shops in Intercourse or other Yonie towns, but I should imagine prices are not that good. It seems funny to want to buy an Amish entertainment center!!! Not something you would find in their homes.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ringleader's Profile Photo

Here it is!

by ringleader Online Now Sep 26, 2006 at 4:24 AM

Oh my, please do look at the Amish Country Home Funiture store in New Holland. It is right by Shady Maple Smorgasboard on Route 23. We bought our dining room table and chairs from them, and they matched the stain of our other furniture in the dining room free of charge. We wanted a table that could stretch from here to the moon to accommodate our family and guests. This wasn't a problem as Amish and Mennonite families are large, and we can easily sit 14 at our dining room table when fully extended.

They have bedroom furniture, dining sets, rocking chairs... you name it, you most likely can find it.

Another place we purchased an inexpensive pie cabinet was at the Bird-in-Hand farmers' market on Rt. 340. There is a small furniture store there, but it isn't anywhere near the type of furniture available at the one in New Holland.

• Re: Furniture?

by scindapsus Online Now Jun 23, 2013 at 8:25 PM

you can llok at melodyhome, it provide stylish and beautiful furniture for customers.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines