Lancaster Travel Answers

change location
Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

Interesting but simple accomodations...w/o formality & victorian ruffles

by Pawtuxet Online Now Jun 21, 2005 at 4:53 AM

We're on our way to Lancaster, Hershey and Lebanon, PA. this summer. Trying to find a small quiet spot to stay while in the area. Enjoy old. Heard about the great Penna. Dutch cooking. Don't like the standard motels, hotels, and frilly Victorian B&B's. Maybe a farm stay...if it isn't 10 miles from every restaurant? Is there a simple old inn? Cottage with kitchenette..or breakfast included? Guess I'm a bit fussy, but don't like the impersonal, expensive and (I feel) uncomfortable glitzy tourist traps. Don't need luxury so much as comfy.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

RE: Interesting but simple accomodations...w/o formality & victorian ruffles

by Pawtuxet Online Now Jul 13, 2005 at 5:29 AM

WE found what I think will be a perfect spot. We will stay in Churchtown Inn's Amish Country Cottages. There is a B&B settled in the farmlands...with a 1700's stone cottage with wide plank wood floors and full kitchen. We'll be on a 23 acre Pool forge estate ... one of the nation's early Iron Plantations. The first evening has us booked to have dinner in an Amish family's home. Known as the Covered Bridge Cottage...I'm really looking forward. Located just minutes from Lancaster, Bird-in-Hand, Intercourse, etc.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Interesting but simple accomodations...w/o formality & victorian ruffles

by cherylrf Online Now Aug 19, 2005 at 8:11 AM

I recieved your response but can't find it again. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time in Lancaster. I have also looked at your travel pages and I feel like I've just been on vacation! How fortunate you are. My husband and I are going to Key West in October - a much anticipated vacation even for us "oldies". It will be a time away from his business and from work and from the children and grands (we will miss them all terribly though!) and from "Mom" who now lives with us. We are very family oriented so we spend lots of time with everyone usually at my house. I also LOVE having Mom with us but it will be nice to be just a couple again! My husband is retired Navy so we were in San Diego for awhile. The picture of the flowers and the cart - I knew right away that it was from Old Town! Thanks for the mini-vacation. Cheryl

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines