Travel Answers
Lancaster

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• What is Lancaster like (to live) just north of the river (i.e. around Skerton/Ryelands Park)

by easygoinghoney Online Now Jun 24, 2014 at 5:28 AM

I am considering a move to Lancaster and have been looking at properties in this area (Skerton/Ryelands Park - between Torrisholme Road and Owens Road) but my husband is concerned that this is not a good area to live in...can anyone help and give an indication of what this area is actually like to live in? We have had a look at the crime stats which are low by comparison with where we are now but any help you can give would be greatly appreciate. Thanks

more
    • What is Lancaster like (to live) just north of the river (i.e. around Skerton/Ryelands Park)

by easygoinghoney Online Now Jun 24, 2014 at 5:28 AM

I am considering a move to Lancaster and have been looking at properties in this area (Skerton/Ryelands Park - between Torrisholme Road and Owens Road) but my husband is concerned that this is not a good area to live in...can anyone help and give an indication of what this area is actually like to live in? We have had a look at the crime stats which are low by comparison with where we are now but any help you can give would be greatly appreciate. Thanks

3 Answers Jun 24, 2014 at 6:23 AM
    • good night club?

by pmck7772013 Online Now Nov 18, 2013 at 4:23 AM

im from belfast and i will be coming over to lancaster after the new year. i am looking for a night club with good LOUD music (E.G David guetta/Tsunami/charts) and if possible with a good cheap night.
      in belfast we have a lot of selection but im looking somewhere new.
      any good ideas??

4 Answers Nov 18, 2013 at 9:54 AM
    • PRICES!!!!

by becky19-2012 Online Now Mar 15, 2012 at 2:22 PM

I AM GOING TO BODRUM IN MAY 2012. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE COULD TELL ME THE PRICES OF CIGARETTES SUCH AS, LAMBERT AND BUTLER???...

15 Answers Mar 17, 2012 at 7:56 AM
    • Summer jobs in Lancaster?

by tenzz Online Now Apr 5, 2007 at 11:13 AM

Hello.
      I`m planning a visit in the summer to a friend of mine (a student in Lancaster).
      I was wondering if it will be possible to find a job for a month in lancaster to help me earn some money.I don`t speak english fluently so i need a job without much talking:).Any help welcomed.
      Thank you in advance

3 Answers Apr 7, 2007 at 1:32 AM
    • safety

by memorex Online Now Sep 20, 2006 at 6:34 AM

Is Lancaster a safe place for a girl to walk and be alone. ARe the community people open and welcoming?

• lancaster university

by memorex Online Now Sep 20, 2006 at 6:30 AM

I'm going to the university for politics. It doesn't seem like much to do there as far as shopping or nightclubs. Does Lancaster the city have a nice downtown area? Is there anything to do there?

Also I'm afraid of spiders. Does lancaster have a lot? that people would see in there houses?

Is it a good university with a good reputation around town? How does it stack up to other universities in england.
      sims

7 Answers Sep 21, 2006 at 3:10 AM
    • ickle_hobit's Profile Photo

Help with a room

by ickle_hobit Online Now Mar 5, 2006 at 2:51 PM

Hi

Someone I have staying with me is looking for a room in Lancaster. Is anybody willing to put him up for a couple of nights for free, like me?

He is a 34 year old male from Toronto.

Any replies would be much appreciated and I can pass on his contact details.

Thanks

• London to Lancaster

by janetlee Online Now Jan 24, 2006 at 6:49 AM

I will fly to London Heathrow soon and will arrive at about 13:00. Can anyone advise me how can I get from the London Airport or downtown to Lancaster University? By coach or by train?

5 Answers Feb 13, 2006 at 1:58 AM
    • aj813's Profile Photo

Living in Lancaster

by aj813 Online Now Oct 3, 2004 at 8:24 PM

I am a nineteen year old college student from the states preparing to spend the Lent/Summer term at Lancaster University. Any advice or opinions on the area, attractions, school, university life, travel opportunities, or just British life in general would be appreciated! Thanks so much! Allison

6 Answers Sep 29, 2005 at 9:12 AM