change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Ina08's Profile Photo

Tip for a restaurant to celebrate

Edinburgh Nov 24, 2014 at 7:09 AM

On Friday I will have my graduation ceremony at Edinburgh University (yes, I am a "mature" student, lol). Since we are busy on the Friday I would like to celebrate in a nice place the evening before.

What am I looking for? A nice, thoughtful atmosphere, setting and location, inspiring and attractive food and drinks, expense range: I would draw the line at 50 Pounds per person (it's a celebration, isn't it smiley??). We do not have a car and are staying at Portobello, so any place that is reachable by public transport or also by taxi will be fine.

I look forward to your suggestions. And maybe you'd like to join me for a drink on Saturday, I have posted a VT Meet.

more
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

bus to the airport at 4.00am

Edinburgh Nov 6, 2014 at 6:48 AM

what are my options to/from the airport to Old Town(High Street 105)??
      arrival thursday 16.10
      departure sunday 6.30am

more
    • Base for 5 days to get the feel of the highlands - Callander or Aberfoyle

Callander Nov 13, 2014 at 5:36 AM

My friend and I would like to do some easy to moderate walks, taking in a loch and villages in the Highlands, not sure where to base ourselves as we are relying on public transport. Also like to visit Falkirk Wheel during this time. Traveling in June 2015. Thank you

more
    • josepicarra's Profile Photo

Best town in Scotland

Scotland Nov 12, 2014 at 9:56 AM

What is for you the best town to get to know Scotland?

more

Buchanan Bus Station

Glasgow Nov 16, 2014 at 12:48 PM

I plan to use megabus to reach Glasgow from Edinburgh in late february for daytrip. It seems the bus will arrive at Buchanan Bus Station. Can I walk from there to some basic attraction or will I need local transport?
      any ideas how to make an itinerary from there considering I'll be there for 5-6 hours?

more

2,5 days in winter

Edinburgh Nov 6, 2014 at 1:49 AM

I will be in Edinburgh in late february, staying in the old town.
      I will arrive on thursday at about 17.00 and depart at 6.00am on sunday.
      considering the cold weather (lets hope not much rain) and limited daylight
      1)what would you suggest to be my itinerary there?
      2)is any museum open after dark? (I'd like to see the momunents, city streets, view etc during the daylight of course.

more