Lamanai

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Need some answers please. :)

Ambergris Cay Jun 26, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Thinking of living here for 3-6 months with my boyfriend. Trying to figure out the following:
      1) should we find a place to stay before we get to ambergris, or arrange something possibly more expensive ahead of time
      2) is it feasible to rent a place for $400-600?
      3) any referrals for renters would be helpful
      4) general information about traveling to belize, living there, etc would be helpful.

Also, I'm not dead set on staying on ambergris, especially of there are other safe and beautiful American friendly places.

Thank you!

more
    • Belise doctors & hospitals

Belize City Jul 5, 2014 at 8:32 AM

how clean is the ocean water & how accesable to it?
      what about doctors % hospitals?

more
    • Moving to Belize with a 13 year old

Belize Jun 25, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Kia Ora,

Can you tell me what Belizean 13 year olds are into? Music/Books/Activities/Fashion/Language/Idols/

What does a typical bedroom/house look like?

Are most poverty stricken or they middle class?

What do they do everyday? School then? or do they even go to school? Do they labor?

This information will be really helpful and the truth will win me over.

Warm regards,

Jasmine Douglas

more
    • What kind of tree is this?

Bullet Tree Falls Jun 22, 2014 at 9:14 PM

Went to Montezuma's Castle today and would like to know the name of the multi-colored trunk of this tree. Can you help?

Regards
      Pamela Patton

more

Near Lamanai

• dustmon's Profile Photo

Lamanai from Ladyville

by dustmon Online Now Jan 14, 2013 at 6:11 AM

We will have a car for our use staying in Ladyville this coming May-----If we want to take the boat trip up to see the ruins, is there safe parking where we get on the river boat? How early do the tours start and is there a favorite tour leader/group?

• How To See Lamanai On Our Own

by cinemanix Online Now Sep 29, 2010 at 11:09 AM

Would it be logistically possible to see Lamanai on our own, with a rental car, on the day we land at BZE at 11:05am? I don't think we'd be driving until about 1:00pm after collecting bags, renting car and grabbing a quick lunch.
      How far from BZE is the entrance to Lamanai? Are there two options: take a river boat to the ruins, and also drive right up to the ruins? Which is faster? Which more pleasant?
      Would it be possible to see Lamanai in the afternoon, and then drive to San Ignacio in daylight? How far would that drive be?
      Would it be better for us to stay overnight somewhere before driving to San Ignacio?
      Would it be possible after getting our rental car, to see both Lamanai and Alta Hun in one afternoon, or is that too ambitious?
      Would the Black Orchid Resort be a good choice if we do have to stay one night, before driving to San Ignacio?

2 Answers Dec 12, 2012 at 10:04 PM