Lake Tahoe State Park Travel Answers

change location
delanereeder's Profile Photo

Down the aisle in the snow?

by delanereeder Online Now Oct 17, 2006 at 6:38 PM

My fiance and I are getting married on November 21st at Emerald Bay does anyone know how high the possibility of snow on the ground will be?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • tahoekelly's Profile Photo

RE: Down the aisle in the snow?

by tahoekelly Online Now Oct 17, 2006 at 6:45 PM

The overwhelming odds are that there will be snow on the ground -- in fact, we got a dusting of snow last night!

Emerald Bay is a beautiful setting. With snow, it is magical.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I got married in Tahoe in January and wore Sorels under my wedding dress and a ski jacket over it when it was time to leave the reception!

Kelly from Tahoe

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo

RE: Down the aisle in the snow?

by TheTravelSlut Online Now Oct 18, 2006 at 5:43 AM

The ski resorts in and around Tahoe always hope for a Thanksgiving opening and it does happen at least at the higher elevation locations.

However, there is almost always at least some snow on the ground in late November but you might have to look for it. Depending on exactly where your ceremony will take place is important because if you have one in the shadows of a north-facing area, there is a great possibility but if your ceremony is in an open area facing south, there is a greater chance that any minor amounts of snow may be melted.

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. You picked a beautiful location. I enjoyed my many years living @ Tahoe & Northern Nevada in the mountains and it will provide you with many years of great memories.

The Travel Slut
    "Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere!"

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines