Lake Tahoe State Park Travel Answers

change location
MStars's Profile Photo

Sierra

by MStars Online Now Jan 29, 2005 at 12:20 PM

Has anyone been to Sierra at Tahoe on a holiday weekend (president's day weekend)? I've been told it's super crowded. . . . or would basically all the south tahoe resorts be packed? Heavenly is one of the few that has a lesson-rental-lift package. . . but heard it's more for the advanced. . . . is Heavenly rather beginner friendly? Thanks if anyone can give input.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

Re: Sierra

by travelgourmet Online Now Jan 29, 2005 at 12:35 PM

check out the site: www.skiheavenly.com and see if it fits your skiing ability. It is jammed on the North Shore at Mt. Rose, North Star, and Sugar Bowl all the time due to ease of Hwy 80.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Kiisu's Profile Photo

by Kiisu Online Now Jan 29, 2005 at 9:20 PM

Just a couple of quick thoughts... Having lived at the lake in years past, I can say that all the holiday weekends are quite crowded, especially if the weather's good. Don't let that stop you, though, but make a room reservation in advance. I learned downhill skiing at Heavenly, and it seemed fine - but that was when I was a kid, long, long ago! My personal favorite ski area was Kirkwood, you might check them out. And if it's sunny, MAKE SURE you use sunscreen - between the high elevation and the double exposure from the sun & it's reflection off the snow, many people end up fried-crispy without realizing it until it's too late. Enjoy! -- Karen

• jessicadf's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Sierra

by jessicadf Online Now Jan 29, 2005 at 9:30 PM

Hey there, Holiday weekends are always busy, so long as the weather's not horrible. I did beginner lessons in skiing and boarding at Sierra at Tahoe over the years, and I found it to be excellent for when I was just learning, for sure. My husband always gets a season pass for there for his snow-boarding habit (he's more the double-black diamond type tho). Enjoy!

• jmac75's Profile Photo

by jmac75 Online Now Feb 17, 2005 at 2:26 PM

It's going to be packed no matter where you are going this weekend. We had lots of new snow dumped on us this week and it's supposed to rain/snow more this weekend too. Be safe and expect it to be very crazy up there.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines