Lake Placid

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• End of June - July

New York City Sep 22, 2015 at 12:56 AM

Is there anything major going on that I can't miss around these dates. Looking at going on holidays through here and don't want to miss out anything amazing!

• Majestic Theater-Question About Seats

New York City Sep 8, 2015 at 10:36 PM

I am going to NYC at the beginning of October for the first time, with my husband and brother/sister in law. We are very excited! :) Actually I had 2 questions for anyone out there familiar with the Big Apple:

1. How cold is it usually in New York at the very beginning of October? I am a Texas girl, loving the heat, and I freeze at 70 degrees. So I'm wanting to take clothes that are warm enough, but not ridiculous, lol. And does it rain a lot during that time of year?

2. I had to get tickets to Broadway while we were in NYC, so I bought tickets to Phantom of the Opera. I was disappointed, though, that I couldn't get the best seats (center Orchestra reasonably close). They were either sold out or too expensive (I am buying for all 4 of us as a surprise, so it would have been over $800 for those seats). The best seats I could get were LEFT Orchestra, Row K , seats 9, 11, 13, 15. I know that Row K is a pretty good row, but I'm concerned about being so far over on the left :( I was just wondering if anyone else has ever sat in the Right or Left Orchestra, and what it was like?

• 3 days in or near Athens. What to d?

Greece Sep 24, 2015 at 10:47 AM

Our cruise ends in Athens on 10/13 this year. We were in Athens for one day several years ago and obviously visited Acropolis. We also took a city tour but it did not impress us at all.
      We also visited Santorini and Kusadasi (Ephesus).
      This time the cruise will stop at Igoumenitsa, Itea, Olympia (Katakolon), Ephesus, Patmos and will arrive to Athens on 10/12.
      Our flight out is on 10/15 from Athens. So we will have several days there. Our friends recommended Mykonos and Delphi.
      Please come up with recommendations of what to do in or not far from Athens.

• ericaalianaa's Profile Photo

Do i need to have a Visa for a 5 hour layover?

New York City Sep 19, 2015 at 2:54 AM

Hello! I'm planning to have a 2 week visit in colombia. And the flight that i've found happens to have a connecting flight in New york John F Kennedy (JFK) with a 5 hour layover. Do i need to have a visa for just a 5 hour layover and i'm not planning to go outside the mentioned airport? Or would my philippine passport do? I need an answer as soon as possible. Thank you so much!

• rmsg1228's Profile Photo

NYC- got Colbert tickets!

New York City Sep 17, 2015 at 9:06 PM

Hello NYC,

I was able to get tickets to late night with Stephen Colbert. I hear you bed to line up early because of with "tickets" it is a first come basis. Does anyone know what time line starts forming?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

• Airport to city

New York City Sep 24, 2015 at 7:30 AM

I 'm looking for the best way to get from Newark airport to Midtown Manhattan on sunday 27 december.
      (I have about 20 hours between flights, so I booked a hotel near the airport)
      I can't find a trainschedule on for that date and bus or taxi would get stuck in traffic.
      Could someone give me some advise.

• silentfish193350's Profile Photo

Tour guide in New York

New York City Sep 19, 2015 at 9:15 PM

We have rented a house in Queens for a few days' visit to the Apple City next month. As we don't have the car, we shall mainly rely on public transport. What should we do to cover the main attractions in a relaxed way as we are seniors. We need your advice. Thank you

• jo104's Profile Photo

Restuarant with a view good meal without blowing the bank

New York City Yesterday

My friend is going to New York next year in May for a friend's 40 and they are looking to do a special dinner somewhere with a view. A nice meal where they can have a nice bottle of wine perhaps a cocktail or bubbly without blowing the bank. Any suggestions?

• LGA to Waldorf Astoria

New York City Sep 21, 2015 at 2:59 PM

Will be arriving LGA on a Friday late October around 1:30 p.m. Traveling with 2 other ladies and we need to know best way to get to Waldorf at 301 Park Avenue. Have heard of Q70 but then would need to take a subway line and not sure how close we can get...hoping we can all pack lightly and be able to manage our suitcases easily, a bit concerned about lots of stairs to navigate. My question is would it be easier/better to take M60 over the Q70 Ltd. express and for either of these busses what stops are closest to Waldorf, with least amount of walking?

Thanks in advance for your help!

• Cheaper transport method

New York City Sep 9, 2015 at 12:17 AM

I'm going to New York (18-27 Sept 2015) and we're staying at Holiday Inn North Bergen (5km away from Manhattan)
      What's the cheapest option getting to and from North Bergen?

• lake placid, ny, lakeside accommodation and must see places?

by Masharubi Online Now Feb 5, 2015 at 5:38 AM

My son, his wife, and 1 yr. old son would like personal recommendations for a 1-2 bedroom
      accommodation with lakeview, possibly a small house. Also they'll be there for 4 days in June, so are
      interested to know what would be some nice sights or places to visit.
      Thanks in advance!

• Thanksgiving dinner

by Howjudy Online Now Oct 22, 2014 at 6:33 AM

Any good restaurants open on Thanksgiving?

7 Answers Oct 24, 2014 at 5:40 AM
    • Lake placid over thanksgiving

by liljules32 Online Now Aug 12, 2014 at 9:06 AM

THinking of coming with three kids (11,8,6) and grandparents over thanksgiving. We like to hike and be outside but we are not hardcore. Is this an in between time for doing things? Is it too cold to enjoy the outside activities with little one? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

2 Answers Aug 13, 2014 at 8:36 AM
    • How do we get there?!

by mmlister1 Online Now Mar 8, 2014 at 8:06 PM

I'm trying to get from LaGuardia Airport to an Inn in Lake Placid via mass transportation to the greatest extent such a thing is possible and the cheapest way possible. I'm even considering a car service for of the trek as prices seem to be cheaper than those of traditional cabs. Any and all advice welcome. This will be my first time skiing in the Adirondack and I'm hoping I can have a good time sans-car!

2 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 9:54 AM
    • Ice Skating

by dsmny Online Now Dec 18, 2013 at 7:29 AM

My wife wants to ice skate this weekend in Lake Placid. Does anybody know if the rent skates, what the cost is, is it first come first serve, etc, etc? I appreciate any info you can pass along!

Thanks in adavance!

1 Answer Dec 18, 2013 at 8:48 AM
    • Live Music?

by Browner82 Online Now Aug 29, 2013 at 3:45 PM

I'm heading to Lake Placid for the first time the Monday of the long weekend. Which would be the best place to catch some live music. Love pub atmosphere, and good beer selections too.

3 Answers Aug 29, 2013 at 5:54 PM
    • Trip from NYC to Lake Placid - Backpacker

by JoshC Online Now Sep 15, 2011 at 4:24 PM

Just wondering if the Adirondack Trailway is the cheapest way to get to Lake PLacid and if there is anywhere to stay under60 a night.

Also if this location is generally backpacker friendly.

Thanks for your help,

2 Answers Sep 16, 2011 at 10:03 PM
    • MissKimT's Profile Photo

Please help with New Years / Holiday Ski Trip

by MissKimT Online Now Nov 9, 2010 at 1:06 PM

We are planning our first trip to Lake Placid for Dec 26 through New Years. I'd appreciate any suggestions or things we shouldn't miss.

We have a small villa we found on www.vrbo for a great price.

We are foodies. Besides the big hotel food we plan to avoid, we are looking forward to Caffe Rustica, Brown Dog Cafe & Wine Bar, Ashley's Cafe, Interlaken Restaurant, Milano North, and ... we'll continue to research.

Any suggestions for New Years? Great places to be?

One thing we haven't researched yet are the slopes. Looks like there are two. I presume we can get tickets online. We'd probably like 3-4 days of downhill skiing, but would like to try cross-country for the first time.

Did I miss anything? Thanks in advance!

1 Answer Nov 11, 2010 at 10:00 AM
    • getting to lake placid from NYC

by oznztofro Online Now Feb 17, 2010 at 4:38 AM

Hi there. im going to lake placid end of april for 4 days.

Im from australia & i can;t drive

so what are my options

getting to Lake Placid & back

getting around lake placid

any help will be grateful

1 Answer Feb 17, 2010 at 5:23 AM
    • Public Transportation?

by littlething Online Now Dec 27, 2009 at 11:33 AM

I would like to travel from Delray Beach to Lake Placid by some form of public transportation. I live out of state and am not familiar with the transportation services in Florida. Can someone help?

6 Answers Dec 28, 2009 at 3:18 PM
    • easyout4u's Profile Photo

need a day camp for teens

by easyout4u Online Now Jul 21, 2008 at 11:15 AM

Hi gang,My cousin is coming over from italy and has a 12yr.old daughter.
      They will be staying for a couple months.They like to put the daughter in a day camp for a month or 2 while they do there thing.
      Can anyone help me? thanks

1 Answer Jul 21, 2008 at 1:50 PM
    • is this place good?

by bhlane Online Now Dec 20, 2007 at 7:15 PM

what dishes did you like, etc? can anyone give an account of their experience here?

1 Answer Dec 20, 2007 at 9:12 PM

by SIMOJEN Online Now Apr 23, 2006 at 6:21 PM

i have been given a car in upstate ny where i own some land and i was wondering is anyone had any links to insuance companies who would insure me. i have a canadain and australian drivers liscence. i spent about 4 months a year in upstate ny working at a childrens summer camp, but the visa is not long enough for me to qualify for a usa drivers liscence. any help would be much appreciated

• SirIsaacBrock's Profile Photo

Travel between Burlington Vt. and Lake Placid

by SirIsaacBrock Online Now Jan 18, 2005 at 8:05 AM

Hoping someone can help me. I have arranged with some friends to go to Lake Placid for a weekend in March. We are coming in from Toronto and driving. Another friend is flying to Burlington from Washington. I'm trying to find a cheap way to get my friend to and from Lake Placid. I actually don't mind picking him up, but I was hoping not to have to drive back on the day we leave. The bus seems to go through Albany and is 10hrs. Flights into Lake Placid or Saranac are expensive. Enterprise Rent a Car will let us drop the car in Burlington ,but it will still cost75 + tax for one day. Any ideas?

1 Answer Jan 19, 2005 at 6:17 AM
    • Picking wild mushrooms

by duchess04 Online Now Aug 16, 2004 at 7:56 AM

Hi there, I'm going to Lake Placid this weekend for picking up wild mushrooms. I would be happy to hear any tips, news, suggestions about mushroom areas. Thanks!!!

3 Answers Aug 16, 2004 at 10:56 AM
    • Deus_ultima's Profile Photo

President's Day?

by Deus_ultima Online Now Feb 16, 2004 at 6:25 AM

Is it going to be busy in Lake Placid today,you think...?

• Porsche Weekend in Lake Placid??

by MadMacLard Online Now Jun 27, 2003 at 11:51 AM

Does anyone know if there is a weekend where there are many, many Porsches in Lake Placid? It seems to me that I remember a weekend a few years ago where I could not believe how many Porsches were in the town. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

1 Answer Feb 11, 2015 at 10:28 AM