Lake Placid Travel Answers

change location

Public Transportation?

by littlething Online Now Dec 27, 2009 at 11:33 AM

I would like to travel from Delray Beach to Lake Placid by some form of public transportation. I live out of state and am not familiar with the transportation services in Florida. Can someone help?
Thanks.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • nicolaitan's Profile Photo

Re: Public Transportation?

by nicolaitan Online Now Dec 27, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Trailways bus service offers one bus a day from albany ny to lake placid ny, leaving 1330 and takes four hours. one could fly directly to albany airport ( absolutely with a change of planes - there are several flights a day from JFK in New York by a few carriers for example - or fly into new york and go to the trailways terminal in manhattan and catch a bus up there changing in albany. the 0930 trailways nyc to albany arrives in time to make the transfer.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

by mccalpin Online Now Dec 27, 2009 at 3:44 PM

Lew, I think the poster was asking about public transportation on the Florida end...

Poster, are you planning on flying to Florida from New York, or taking Amtrak?

Bill

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo

by nicolaitan Online Now Dec 27, 2009 at 3:49 PM

confused myself, but it begins with "from Delray Beach to".

by mccalpin Online Now Dec 27, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Duh, you're right...but "I...am not familiar with the transportation services in Florida." Well, let's see if he/she comes back...

Bill

• Re: Public Transportation?

by littlething Online Now Dec 28, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Thanks for all the posts. By the way, I'm a she. I signed up as littlething and my given name is Joy. Feel free to call me either.

Please let me clarify. I am in Florida right now visiting my mother in Delray Beach (Palm Beach County.) I would like to get to Lake Placid, Florida (Highlands County) to visit a friend, but alas, I don't have a car at my disposal. Hope this cleared things up a little. I thought maybe a comuter train from somewhere in Palm Beach to the central part of Florida on the east side and then a bus across to the west side of the state.

I would appreciate any and all input. Thanks. :)

by mccalpin Online Now Dec 28, 2009 at 3:18 PM

Hmmmn, well, I wondered about going to Lake Placid, NY...sorry, the other Lake Placid does come to mind first ;-)

Unfortunately, while there is rail service of sorts up and down the coast, I haven't found any bus service yet to where you want to go. Greyhound, for example, does not show Lake Placid (or anywhere particularly close) as a stop.

What you might do is look at highlandscvb.com/gettinghere... and either contact the Highlands County Conventions and Visitors Bureau or the Lake Placid Chamber of Commerce.

Good luck!

Bill

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines