change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• StephanB's Profile Photo

Where to camp.

Big Bear Lake Aug 5, 2015 at 6:24 PM

anybody have campgrounds they love near Big bear lake? I know Serrano, but it seems more for RVs, and Pine Knot maybe OK, but it sounds too near the town, and also the slanted sites on the hill may an issue. I have 4 kids, so hiking inland is not an option at this point. We have 1 big tent and 1 car.
      i don't have to be on the lake, but it would be nice to be near some water. maybe there is another location near Big Bear, another Lake....
      I only live an hour away, so I could travel farther if needed.

more
    • OsvaldoSmith's Profile Photo

Retreat Center

Oceanside Aug 27, 2015 at 2:13 AM

Hi guys,

I'm going to travel the San Diego for 3 weeks in September 2015
      I'd like to spend a week or so in a spiritual retreat center.

any recommendations?

I appreciate your advice!
      Thanks a lot,
      Osvaldo

more
    • 1 day at Disneyland beginning of September

Los Angeles Aug 25, 2015 at 11:36 PM

What are the best rides and shows for 2 girls aged 5 and 7? Which areas should we concentrate on?
      Advice about times to be there as we have just 1 day...thanks for any tips.

more
    • 5day itinary

Santa Monica Aug 28, 2015 at 3:32 AM

What should we do in Santa Monica for 5 days. It's our first time in LA 2 teenage kids Not going to Disneyland,

more
    • First timer to the beach.

Santa Monica Aug 26, 2015 at 4:33 PM

can i bring my own cooler to the beach for sandwiches and drinks?
      what are the prices for parking?

more
    • Tips for 1 day at Disneyland beginning September

California Aug 25, 2015 at 11:39 PM

Traveling 2 girls aged 5 and 7. What are the best rides? Best shows? Best areas to visit?
      Time saver tips...thanks

more
    • footstool's Profile Photo

Mass transit to the Bulb

San Francisco Aug 17, 2015 at 4:45 AM

Hi, VT'ers! How can I get to the Bulb via mass transit from SF? I have been to SF and taken BART many times, but rarely crossed the Bay. I'll be there in 4 weeks, in good walking weather, and I like to walk. Thanks for your help!

more
    • Transportation from San Fran To Napa

Napa Jul 31, 2015 at 4:08 PM

Hi, we are traveling with our two teenagers and would like to find out different options to go from San Francisco to Napa. Your help will be appreciated.Thank you !

more
    • Cheap kid friendly places to eat

Carlsbad Aug 1, 2015 at 3:30 PM

I'm looking for recommendations for reasonably priced restaurants that are kid friendly. I'm not talking chicken nuggets and french fries. My 7 year old daughter and I enjoy seafood, sushi and mexican joints. We like a place with good atmosphere where the locals hang out

more
    • reallyamermaid's Profile Photo

Transportation From Oceanside to Venice Beach

Oceanside Aug 18, 2015 at 10:45 AM

We plan to fly into San Diego and take the Coaster to Oceanside. While we're staying there we want to go up the coast to Venice Beach and hit Dana Point on the way. What would be the best transportation heading north from Oceanside? From what I read of the Coaster it runs San Diego-Oceanside, not any more North than that. My husband hasn't lived there since the early 90's so he's not sure what has/has not changed.

Thanks!
      - Emily

more
    • alexloves2travel's Profile Photo

california vacation and possible relocation.. suggestions are greatly appreciated!:)

California Aug 24, 2015 at 5:37 PM

We are finally planning out our trip to california.. so exciting! However, we have very little knowledge about the state. We aren't really looking to do the typical beachy california vacation. We are looking to get a feel of what it would be like to live there, and what life is really like outside of the big beach cities. If anyone has any suggestions regarding areas in california that are safe, scenic, and somewhat affordable, and preferably within an hour of the coast- please feel free to share!:) Thank you!

more
    • Hotel near The Forum

Los Angeles Aug 27, 2015 at 3:53 AM

I am visiting California for the first time for a concert at The Forum. I am looking for a hotel for after the concert that I could take an Uber to that is in a safe neighborhood. Any recommendations?

more
    • Hotel recommendation/safety

San Francisco Aug 7, 2015 at 10:25 AM

Hi, I am planning a trip to San Fran at the end of Sept and was hoping I could get some current advice on hotels and safety. I am not a timid person but since I will be travelling with my 2 small children (3y & 8 months) I am a little more concerned. I was originally going to book the Hotel Arbi on Ellis St but according to Google this is still considered the TL area??? Is Taylor and Eddy Street still bad streets? If so it may be to close for comfort. The other hotel I am considering in the Wyndham Canterbury on Sutter Street but I can't find much info on the surrounding area.....any advice would be appreciated!

more
    • South Lake Tahoe to Yosemite Valley in a 32' motorhome

Yosemite National Park Aug 18, 2015 at 2:10 PM

What is the safest way to travel to Yosemite Valley in a 32' motor home towing a viehicle? What are the grades and is it a windy road? How safe is 120?

more
    • 40 hours in LA - What to do, where to stay, no car?

Los Angeles Aug 17, 2015 at 9:35 AM

Hi All,

I've gone through some old topics and read a few articles online, however I'd like to ask for your advice on my specific plans.

I'll be landing in LA at 11:30 pm on a Tuesday in October and will be taking a flight to San Diego on the following Thursday at 4 pm.

I've never been to LA and I would like to get a taste of it during my time there. So:

- Would the Sofitel Beverly Hills be in a good location for such a short visit?
      - What would you recommend I see and do in such short time?
      - Can I get away with walking and using Uber?
      - If I don't have a car, how would you recommend I go from and to the hotel?

Thanks!

more
    • lace260's Profile Photo

Best time to visit San Francisco

San Francisco Aug 2, 2015 at 7:36 PM

When is the best time to visit San Francisco to get the cheapest flights, but also great weather?

more
    • Lodgings for Skaters

by icheow Online Now Apr 24, 2011 at 10:30 PM

I will be sending my 16 year old son to Ice Castle in Lake Arrowhead for 2 weeks in July for training. Is there any place that offers a home stay styled accomodations for skaters ?
      What are my options?

1 Answer Apr 25, 2011 at 7:47 AM
    • Dana-Pasadena's Profile Photo

activities, restaurants, bars?

by Dana-Pasadena Online Now Jan 29, 2006 at 8:02 PM

Hi all,

I'm taking a group of about 15 people up to Lake Arrowhead in about a month. Can anyone recommend some activities, restaurants, bars, or anything else that are cool and a bit away from the touristy Village?

Thanks!