Lahore Travel Answers

change location

Security of guests

by rashid_chaudhry Online Now Dec 26, 2011 at 2:24 AM

My UK doctors friens want to visit lahore.They are asking about the security arrangements during their site visits.Plesae tell us help that you can offer. Dr Rashid

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Mozumbus's Profile Photo

Re: Security of guests

by Mozumbus Online Now Dec 29, 2011 at 8:43 PM

Dear Dr. Rashid, this is not a security consulting firm but a travel forum where people exchange their experiences to benefit each other.

Having said that I can share what I feel about the safe travel of your guests.

Overall, I feel there are no big risks if your guests are moving around Lahore, and not going to far areas especially those which are nearer to Afghanistan. I would suggest you to keep it to low profile and request female members to observe modest clothing to avoid undue attention.

Pakistanis, and Lahoris especially, are famous for their friendliness and hospitality so always expect a warm welcome and reciprocate them accordingly.

Apart from the professional/humanitarian activities also let your guests enjoy the historical and culinary side of the great city!

Hope this helps. I wish your guests will have a great time here.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Mountainguy's Profile Photo

Re: Security of guests

by Mountainguy Online Now Jan 3, 2012 at 5:25 AM

In addition to the helpful response of Mozumbus, I would also confirm that it is safe to visit Lahore. Still a number of travellers from different countries pay their frequent visits to Lahore and enjoy exploring the cultural capital of Pakistan. In terms of touristic sights Lahore has a lot to offer such as Shalimar Gardens, food streets at night, Sufi muical nights, Badshahi Mosque, Royal fort, Jehangir's tomb and a must doing thing is the Wagaha border flag ceremony. If your friends want to meet other travelers in Lahore then there is a hotel by the name of Lahore Backpackers where they can meet other travelers as well to share their travel experiences with each other and get travel tips and hints from each other. This hotel also offers taking their guests to Sufi music and they also arrange it in their hotel. It is located on Mall Road, Regale Chowk. It is called Lahore Backpackers (www.lahorebackpackers.com.pk).

Hope this helps a bit.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines