Lahore Travel Answers

change location
qu3st's Profile Photo

swimmin facilities in lahore?

by qu3st Online Now May 30, 2005 at 5:52 AM

hi there....ill be visitin lhr soon an im wonderin whether thre r ne facilities for swimming besides getting life membership of one of those really expensive club which would be a waste considering dat ill be stayin ther for only a month....any small clubs offer swimmin facilities and dat for ladies seperately?

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • RE: swimmin facilities in lahore?

by wendeth Online Now May 31, 2005 at 10:49 AM

hey there, can't give you a full answr, but wanted to touch base....there is a water park somewhere in lahore that is seperate, i can find out for you if you're interested, unless you were speaking about lap swimming. let me know what you are looking for and i can find out for you.

as far as transportation, i am a white female and i travel by rickshaw EVERYWHERE and have NEVER had any problems. cabs are rare and hard to find, and i wouldn't go on a bus in this weather if it was free! when will you be here, and for how long? let me know if i can be of any assistance.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: swimmin facilities in lahore?

by wendeth Online Now May 31, 2005 at 11:03 AM

sorry, just noticed you'll only be here a month. if you want you can make an arrangement with a rickshaw driver to pick you up and drop you off everyday for school, or have someone around your house do it so they don't try to rip you off. I know a lot of people that do that, and they are very good about being there and such (it's guaranteed money!) what area will you be staying in if I may ask. My family lives in wapda town but I'm in gulberg near kalma chawk. let me know if I can do anything for you or get any information for you

• qu3st's Profile Photo

RE: RE: swimmin facilities in lahore?

by qu3st Online Now May 31, 2005 at 11:30 AM

hey there....
    as for dat water park...i dnt wanna go to a park everyday..i jus wanted to go for a swim in da evenin dats wen ill be free
    for all i know ill be livin in an area called ittihad colony..off multan road...and im a lil aware of da fact dat its not such a great place to stay but ill hv to live wit it....
    so r u there for long?i mean will u be there wen ill be there...and how long hv u been stayin there in lahore?

• qu3st's Profile Photo

RE: RE: swimmin facilities in lahore?

by qu3st Online Now May 31, 2005 at 11:35 AM

hey there....
    as for dat water park...i dnt wanna go to a park everyday..i jus wanted to go for a swim in da evenin dats wen ill be free
    for all i know ill be livin in an area called ittihad colony..off multan road...and im a lil aware of da fact dat its not such a great place to stay but ill hv to live wit it....
    so r u there for long?i mean will u be there wen ill be there...and how long hv u been stayin there in lahore?

• RE: RE: swimmin facilities in lahore?

by wendeth Online Now May 31, 2005 at 12:47 PM

Hey there, okay, so you're looking for just a pool.....let me ask my fiance' and do some checking around for you, may take a couple of days as things are quite hectic here at the moment, but I promise to get back to you.

I'm not sure about where you're living honestly, but I'll ask that too and what you're around and such if you'd like.

I was in Pakistan for research from December 04 to March 27 05 when I met my now fiance' and family. I returned home the 27th of march and shifted here until further notice (we are getting his visa for the states and will be applying sometime in September or so)

let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

• fashionapple's Profile Photo

RE: swimmin facilities in lahore?

by fashionapple Online Now May 31, 2005 at 1:27 PM

You can easily get pool membership for a month at leading hotels like Pearl Continental, Marriot and Avari. I do not think it should be a problem!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines