Lahaina Travel Answers

change location

Wheelchair accessability and Night life????

by NathanMoss Online Now Jan 22, 2007 at 5:20 PM

I am spending a week in Honalulu and planning to spend a week in Maui. The main goal of my trip on Maui is to relax. However, there will be nights I want to party and meet people. Is there an opportunity to do this in Lahaina??? During the day I will want to go to the beach but I am disabled and use an electric wheelchair. How is the accessability in the town and on the beach????? Where do I meet women in Lahaina???? Please email me at thc_09@hotmail.com

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • RE: Wheelchair accessability and Night life????

by funzsolo Online Now Jan 24, 2007 at 1:58 PM

lahaina is a tourist town filled with shops, restaraunts and bars. front street which is the main street along the water is for the most part accessible for your wheel chair. alot of people just walk up and down the street. for the beach you you will want to head out to kaanapali or since you dont need a beach chair just park it by the breakwall and take in the sun and sights. as for night life its ok not great but ok. try hard rock cafe on monday night to party with marty dread singing that cool reggae ( 10 pm starts ), cheeseburgers in paradise is a popular joint on front street as well. some of the other bars/clubs unfortunately are located either up stairs or in the basement and since the buildings are old they do not have elevators. ( paradise blues, moose mcgillicudys just to name a few ). now on meeting women thats a tough one since most tourists travel in pairs and there are just not that many single babes in town or lets just say its slim pickins. my advice is this, " go ugly early and you never go home alone." lastly as for partying people go out early in paradise and things close kinda early but its a small area and you should have the town wired in a day. hope this helps and happy trails partner you have a great attitude and remember dont eat kimchee ir your planning on smoochin the wahinees

aloha

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines