Lahaina Travel Answers

change location
swdke's Profile Photo

Restaurant recommendation Pacific'O vs. I'O in Lahania

by swdke Online Now Oct 5, 2006 at 6:55 AM

I am looking for a restaurant recommendation Pacific'O vs. I'O in Lahania. I know they are both owned by the same owners, and they are side by side. But, if I had to choose, which one would I go to? Any recommendations? Preferences? Comparisons and contrast? Thanks.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

RE: Restaurant recommendation Pacific'O vs. I'O in Lahania

by travelgourmet Online Now Oct 6, 2006 at 12:17 AM

Aloha. Both are excellent. I enjoyed the front of Pacific'O for the view, so they get the edge, but not be much. The menu at Pacific'O may be a bit more pricey but it is a toss-up. I actually like David Paul's Lahaina Inn if you want to talk gourmet.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • swdke's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Restaurant recommendation Pacific'O vs. I'O in Lahania

by swdke Online Now Oct 10, 2006 at 9:02 AM

Thank you for your reply to my inquiry of Pacific'O vs. I'O. Can you also tell me about Hula Grill, Kimo's and Leilani's. I understand they're all owned by the same management group, but would like to know more. I am interested in seafood, Pacific Rim, Hawaiian type food, with a casual, Hawaiian atmospher, and dining with a view. I read a lot of favorable information on all three, can you recommend one?

Thank you,
    Steve

by travelgourmet Online Now Oct 10, 2006 at 10:32 AM

Only one it is. Hula Grill, hands down. All the things you want in one package, plus the price is right. View, casual Hawaiian atmosphere, food, and a sand beach to sit for drinks or lunch/dinner called Barefood Bar, with the ocean right before you. Located at the Whaler's Village in Kaanapali. If you want to spend a little more and are planning on taking the "Road to Hana", then Mama's Fish House in Paia fits most of your wishes and is not to be missed. Stop, just to see the beach in front of the restaurant. I'll give you their websites: www.hulagrill. com and www.mamasfishhouse.com Aloha

• swdke's Profile Photo

by swdke Online Now Oct 10, 2006 at 11:14 AM

Thank you for the information on the Hula Grill, and Mama's Fish House. How far do you think the drive is from the Kahului airport? Thanks.

by travelgourmet Online Now Oct 10, 2006 at 11:37 AM

Mama's Fish house is within 15-20 minutes, while Kaanapali is about 35-40 minutes.

• RE: Restaurant recommendation Pacific'O vs. I'O in Lahania

by mauisurfer Online Now Nov 22, 2006 at 11:34 AM

Pacific O for sure!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines