Lahaina Travel Answers

change location

ferry to other islands

by carolyng Online Now Apr 27, 2005 at 1:28 PM

Where can I catch a ferry to Molokai or Lanai and how much is it ?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Jamesr3939's Profile Photo

RE: ferry to other islands

by Jamesr3939 Online Now Apr 27, 2005 at 2:03 PM

Most leave driectly from downtown Lahaina near Banyan Tree park. We did the all day trip out to Lanai a few years ago. Unless it has changed Lanai is a private island and our trip took us to a private beach and included water sports, food, kind of like a Club Med. I think we paid about45.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

RE: ferry to other islands

by travelgourmet Online Now Apr 27, 2005 at 3:53 PM

Aloha. There are all types of charters and ferry rides to Lana'i and to Moloka'i. Check before you go, all the sales kiosks at Lahaina Harbor, in Lahaina. Some are more expensive than others and some not worth the price for what you get. I have tried both and it is worth a little more to get a good trip to either Island. Try the website: www.hawaiiactive.com click on Maui, then click on Day Trips to other Islands. The Moloka'i tours have just a boat over and back, plus tours. The tours are better, unless you rent a 4x4 and know where to go. Not that much to see or do, but enjoy the beauty and the solitude. What more do you need in paradise. Aloha oe.

• Re: ferry to other islands

by heatherreddig Online Now Apr 3, 2007 at 1:14 AM

I want to go to molokai as well. I want to leave around nine AM of April 04. And return around three. Does anyone know if this is possible. Or if there is some kind of a guided tour that can take me to the highest sea cliffs in the world?

• Jamesr3939's Profile Photo

Re: ferry to other islands

by Jamesr3939 Online Now Apr 3, 2007 at 8:59 PM

We were just on Maui in February and every morning we saw the ferry leaving from Lahana to Molokai.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines