Lahaina Travel Answers

change location

Maui

by ocean26 Online Now Aug 6, 2004 at 4:13 PM

My Family and I are going to maui for the first time ay ideas on things to do?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

Re: Maui

by travelgourmet Online Now Aug 6, 2004 at 5:11 PM

I could go on and on, but if you go to my Maui pages, then we both can save time. One tip, there are many things to do for the whole family on Maui, and the highlights are varied, but the road to Hana, stopping for waterfalls and beautiful vistas is hard to beat. Aloha

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • elcbw's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Maui

by elcbw Online Now Aug 6, 2004 at 6:52 PM

My family's favourites are as follows: (1) driving up to Haleakala to see the the volcano, (2) driving to Hana to see the rain forests. (3) having dinner and shopping in Lahaina (4) taking our morning stroll along the seaside trail in Wailea. (5) Whale watching when the season is right. (6) When our kids were younger, we often visited the Maui Ocean Center in Maalaea Bay and the Maui Tropical Plantation on Honoapi'ilani Highway. (7) If some of your family members are golfers, all the Wailea golf courses (Diamond, Blue and Gold) are great. If you stay over in the Kaanapauli area, the Kaanapauli golf course and both the Plantation and Village courses in Kahana are excellent. If you have a budget, the public Maui Lani course near Wailuku Height is very good for your money, even for non-locals. (8) Taking the ferry from Lahaina to Molokai or Lanai for snorkeling and other water sports activities. (9) Windsurfing in Paia where many of the world’s top wind surfers training for their sports. If you are there, don’t forget to have lunch at Mama’s Fish House Restaurant. (10) Go to upcountry to visit the old town in Makawao. My kids have been to Maui at least once a year for the past 5 years. They still have not got tired of it. I am sure your family will enjoy this beautiful Island.

• MAUIRADISE's Profile Photo

Re: Maui

by MAUIRADISE Online Now Aug 8, 2004 at 1:11 AM

I live in Haiku, Maui and have featured Maui on my VT page. You can also log on to WWW.Mauiradise.com which is my website for the "real" Maui vacation. I'm sure you will have fun here.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines