Laguna San Rafael Travel Answers

change location
olgatamara's Profile Photo

Laguna San Rafael - how to get there?

by olgatamara Online Now Aug 23, 2003 at 1:45 PM

Hey, I'm going to visit Chile in november. I have the airpass for 3 flights, but two of them will use in the north..so I have one flight left and want to visit Laguna San Rafael. I want to fly from Santiago d. Chile to Coychaique. How can I get to Laguna San Rafael from there and whether it is possible. Problem is that I don't have time for 3 day cruise. Has anyone of you been there? Do you know the prices and conditions?????????? P.S. This picture is a joke....I'm much more attractive.....

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • robine's Profile Photo

Re: Laguna San Rafael - how to get there?

by robine Online Now Aug 23, 2003 at 4:51 PM

The only way to Laguna San Rafael is by sea, Olga, and it's not cheap, tho' it is spectactular. We went on the "Skorpios" out of Puerto Montt - strongly recommended, but a small fortune!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • olgatamara's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Laguna San Rafael - how to get there?

by olgatamara Online Now Aug 25, 2003 at 7:07 AM

Thanks, this I have already heard, but it takes at least a week to sail both ways! .... Olga

• robine's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Laguna San Rafael - how to get there?

by robine Online Now Aug 26, 2003 at 4:48 AM

Yes, six nights, as I recall.

• omar_samra's Profile Photo

Re: Laguna San Rafael - how to get there?

by omar_samra Online Now Sep 8, 2003 at 6:28 PM

Prices are the most expensive in SA bar Brazil maybe but still you can easily get by with less than 20 US a day..depends if u r backpacking or not...im heading into chile in 5 days and will be there till latenov...from all the way north to the tip of patagonia!! I cnt wait as the build up to the trip has been high...Good luck with yrs P.s: great sense of humor

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines