change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• naomixxx's Profile Photo

Shamans in Peru

Peru May 10, 2015 at 3:58 PM

I am interested in spending 1-2 days with the shamans in Peru, can anyone tell me the best place to do this, have looked at a few online but they all seem quite expensive and touristy....was looking for somewhere near Cuzco if possible but if not I am willing to travel, would be grateful for any advice, thanks

more
    • Peru- use of ATM (Scotia Bank)?

Peru May 19, 2015 at 10:24 AM

We are traveling to Peru in September. In most countries I try to use an ATM at the airport to get the local currency before I step out. My bank - Bank of America - has an agreement with Scotia Bank, allowing for charges to be waived. So that would be my preferred ATM and my questions are:
      1. Is there a Scotia Bank ATM at the Lima airport?
      2. Can Scotia Bank ATMs be found in other popular areas - Cuzco; parts of Lima; Puno?
      Thanks.

more
    • tranvia and tourist tickets

Cusco May 3, 2015 at 9:28 AM

I've reading reviews on Cusco, often mentioned "make sure you being your tourist ticket" when visiting places like SV, Ollan, churches/cathedral, etc; a while back when I begin to consider going to MP, I read reviews and recommendation fr VT forum and remember to come upon tranvia and tickets to purchase in Cusco; now I can't find topic on tranvia and ticket to buy so I can learn more. We are going in August. Any lead please

more
    • Is one day enough

Machu Picchu May 2, 2015 at 4:27 AM

Is one day enough to visit Machu Picchu or would two days be ideal.

more
    • Better to use soles or dollars

Peru May 1, 2015 at 8:44 AM

go to peru first time and want to know is it better to use soles or to use dollars?

more
    • tour booking

Machu Picchu May 7, 2015 at 6:28 PM

Has anyone booked there tour to Machu Picchu from Cuzco itself ? Have my own idea of what I would like to see and all tours seem quite expensive when booked from home. Can anyone recommend any tour companies over there at all? Thanks, Chris

more
    • places to see

Cusco Apr 30, 2015 at 1:31 PM

we'll be in Cusco, Peru for 3 days in August; we plan (hoping) to do tours by ourselves (2); need help on places togo/see and how much to hire a taxi/guide and where (in forum, mbrs said people in where one stays usually is a good source) and how much (ball park) a day? any help will be appreciated. also coming in early (6 AM), is it safe to get a taxi fr airport to hotel (it is said, if p/u is arranged by hotel, more expensive) and how much? Thank you.

more
    • 11 day travel itinerary suggestions

Peru May 25, 2015 at 7:39 PM

Hello travelers:
      My partner and I will be traveling to Peru during winter break, 12.20 -12.31, and we will spend most of our time in the Sacred Valley area. I've heard that Christmas or Christmas eve is in Cusco is a sight worthy of being there for, which is right in the middle of our trip. Trying to figure out the flow of our trip in order to make in Peru plane flights. Machu Picchu and Sacred Valley I anticipate 5 days to visit ( Olly, Urubamba, aguas calieinte), and 2 days in Cusco. I have read through a couple of guide books but I'm still not sure what to do besides the sacred valley area in the Cusco region. Since we're from Oregon we thought about the beaches. Is it worth going to beaches north of Lima for sun and warm ocean? Not usually a fan of big cities, we like cultural and hiking experiences. I don't think we really have enough time to fit in Arequipa?
      Appreciate your knowledgable imput. Thanks.

more

Near Laguna Origen del Manù