Laguna Beach Travel Answers

change location

Laguna beach to Hollywood and LAX

by kitaliano Online Now Jan 5, 2011 at 4:26 AM

We are driving from Laguna Beach to LAX, is it out of the question to see the Hollywood sign on the way? I have no idea where it is in relation to Laguna beach and LAX. Thanks

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • rkearns's Profile Photo

Re: Laguna beach to Hollywood and LAX

by rkearns Online Now Jan 5, 2011 at 4:46 AM

i think you can see it from hwy 10 but ask travelgourmet

"Carpe Diem - Complexo Nox" - travelgourmet's Profile

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Dabs's Profile Photo

by Dabs Online Now Jan 5, 2011 at 7:42 AM

Laguna Beach is south of LAX and the Hollywood sign is north of LAX. You can't see the Hollywood sign from LAX, you'd have to drive quite a way past the airport to get a good vantage point to see it from.

• Odinnthor's Profile Photo

by Odinnthor Online Now Jan 5, 2011 at 1:25 PM

No you will not get that glimpse you are looking for. When you arrive at the airport, you ae still about 20 miles short of the Hollywood sign. Be aware that leaving early and trying to go see it, can be treacherous at best, depending on time of day, as those twenty miles can take three hours round trip during rush hour. Further L.A. really has no rush hour anymore, - we have rush days......d:o/

Here is some background......

hollywoodsign.org/history-11...

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

by travelgourmet Online Now Jan 5, 2011 at 10:08 PM

Oh, my! Laguna Beach to LAX to see the Hollywood sign is not out of the question. It is a matter of time and distance. The fastest way to LAX would be getting on the CA-73N to the I-405N Freeway all the way to Century Blvd. offramp to LA Airport. This route is 53 miles and about one hour drive with medium traffic. You will be far to the west of Hollywood and the sign and out of sight. The slower way is to have an extra one hour to spare and then you could go via CA-133N to I-5 to Los Angeles and on the I-101 to Hollywood. Get off at the Gower St. exit to the Beachwood Dr ramp. Look up and the HOLLYWOOD sign is right in front of you up on Mt. Lee. Now you have to get back to the southbound I-101S and take the CA-110S till you get to the I-105 to Sepulveda Blvd and right to Century Blvd to LAX. Confusing, but with an extra one and one half hour to spare you should be able to do this. Study a map or use GPS to not get confused. So, it is not out of the question, but it is the long way around to LAX. :-)

• Re: Laguna beach to Hollywood and LAX

by kitaliano Online Now Jan 22, 2011 at 5:43 AM

That's great, thanks for taking the time to go to such detail.

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

by travelgourmet Online Now Jan 22, 2011 at 1:59 PM

You are more than welcome. I trust you will get to see the Hollywood sign. Laguna Beach is one of my favorite beach areas. Have fun. :-)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines