Laguna Beach Travel Answers

change location

Eiler's Inn By The Sea

by cflournoy Online Now May 8, 2008 at 10:46 AM

We received a gift certificate for200 to Eiler's Inn By The Sea. Supposed to be good until 10/6/08. Stopped by and appeared closed. Called phone numbers and learned no longer in operation. Are you reopening or has facility been permanently closed?? How can our gift certificate be honored??

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • lmkluque's Profile Photo

Re: Eiler's Inn By The Sea

by lmkluque Online Now May 8, 2008 at 11:41 AM

You might check with the city's Chamber of Commerece to see if they know if the closure is temporary or not. They should know who the owner is and you can go to them for remuneration.

I'd say that if the gift certificate was given to you by anyone other than a friend you might also go back to them and ask for some sort of compensation.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • davequ's Profile Photo

by davequ Online Now May 14, 2008 at 10:06 AM

No phone numbers working, the website http://www.eilersinn.com/ is "down."

I am currently checking (email) with the Laguna Beach Chamber and will advise and update when they respond if Eiler's is closed. From all appearances it appears to be out of operation. Too bad if it is. I stayed here often for years.

Will update when the Chamber gets back to me.

by lmkluque Online Now May 27, 2008 at 9:18 AM

That's very nice of you Dave!!

• davequ's Profile Photo

by davequ Online Now May 27, 2008 at 10:18 AM

Linda:

I sent the Laguna COC an email almost 2 weeks ago and no response. Since I actually have ties and do care about the place as goofy as it sounds I decided to call them LD this morning. Got ahold of a great lady at the Laguna COC and here's the scoop.

The bad news: Eiler's is closed. Website down. All numbers disconnected.

The good news is, it has been acquired, refurbished / upgraded and it reopening very soon as a very ritzy / upscale Conscierge Boutique Hotel called "Seven4One."

It looks like it is really going to be an excellent place, also VERY expensive Conscierge Boutique Hotel. Per Brent, the guy I just spoke to at Seven4One, like the Beverly Hills Hotel, most guests get a "GEM" / Guest Experience Mgr / concierge to provide "whatever you desire".
    Here is the website with all the info.
    http://www.seven4one.com/

I will update my eiler's tip and can't wait to try Seven4One out. This place has always been special for me so I will likely make a trip out just to stay there as soon as I can arrange it, likely offseason in fall or later.

So the bottom line for the original poster (clflournoy) appears to be:

Likely your gift certificate is no good (unless Seven4One is really a classy outfit and decides to honor it)
    but the place will be opening again around July timeframe and my room on second floor that used to cost me ~100 will be a 2 room suite for500 / night.

Sorry about the long post. Wow, look what a simple question turned into!

by lmkluque Online Now May 27, 2008 at 10:32 AM

Yes, it is interesting how a post can take on a life of it's own.

Great info you've offered!

Let me know when you've checked out the new place.

This type of place could afford to honor the gift certificate, it would be worth checking into.

If it were me, I'd send them one of my VT Cards with the inquiry and mention that I'll be reviewing the hotel as well and though I may be an amateur, I do have a wide audience. :-)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines