Laguna Beach Travel Answers

change location
orcoastgirl's Profile Photo

The Montage Resort/Studio Restaurant

by orcoastgirl Online Now Oct 19, 2006 at 11:25 AM

I have heard nothing but wonderful things about this resort. We are celebrating the night of our 25th anniversary here and have a celebratory dinner planned at the Studio. Would love recent opinions on stays here and opinions on the Studio.

We will be spending most of our time here at the resort, it's just for one night. The next day we will have the entire afternoon to explore and have an early dinner. This is our first time to Laguna Beach. What's not to miss? We enjoy art galleries, shopping, great food. Is Cafe Zoolu a nice place for a casual meal before heading back home? TIA :)

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • YVRDave's Profile Photo

RE: The Montage Resort/Studio Restaurant

by YVRDave Online Now Oct 19, 2006 at 11:40 AM

I have had clients stay in the resort and they absolutely loved it. Stroll around Laguna Beach by the Surf and Sand. Great gallery's to look through.
    Have a great anniversary

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: The Montage Resort/Studio Restaurant

by ltt Online Now Oct 20, 2006 at 1:15 PM

laguana beach is not that large. with several hours, you can just waunder around and see most everything. on your way out, once you pick up your car, you could drive up into the hills to look at the beautiful homes.

• RE: The Montage Resort/Studio Restaurant

by gereegon Online Now Oct 22, 2006 at 9:01 AM

Try Las Brisas restaurant in Laguna Beach. Mexican food with a killer view. They have an outdoor patio where you can sit and sip a Margarita and look out over the Pacific ocean. The Montage is a great hotel, you will love it. I got to attend a birthday luncheon there for a friend of mine and wished I could stay! I'm jealous! Enjoy!

• RicardoBA's Profile Photo

RE: RE: The Montage Resort/Studio Restaurant

by RicardoBA Online Now Oct 27, 2006 at 4:25 PM

The Montage is really special. The hotel has such a great feel to it;so relaxing. Make sure that they give you a room higher than the first level. Many of the rooms at that level have obstructed views and are on the walkway without any privacy.
    The Studio restaurant is excellent and of course pricey like the rest of the hotel, but its a special day!! I have eaten there a few times and have done both a la carte menu and taster's menu. You can do the taster's with or without the wine included. If you do with the wine then each course has a different wine to go along with that course. Either way the food is excellent,service and setting are delightful.Since, it's a special day be sure and ask for a table next to the window. Most tables have great views, but I like the one next to the french doors facing South. It kinds reminds you of being in the South of France.
    Also, the spa at the hotel is excellent. The walks on the beach are realy fun and there are alot of tidepools below the hotel for exploring. Originally, the hotel was a trailer park from long time ago. The movie "The long Trailer" with Lucy and Desi was filmed there near the spot where the Studio now stands. The two palm trees which were in the movie still stand above the restaurant and are appropriately named Lucy and Desi.
    Cafe Zoolu is really nice for a casual lunch. It's not on the ocean but a block back. The food is always good.
    Congratulations and Have a Wonderful Stay in Laguna!!!

• orcoastgirl's Profile Photo

RE: RE: The Montage Resort/Studio Restaurant

by orcoastgirl Online Now Nov 9, 2006 at 3:36 PM

Thanks for all the responses! We are so looking forward to this trip. I will take lots of photos and post them with my thoughts here when we return. Any further comments are welcome!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines