Laguna Beach Travel Answers

change location

Where to go for an ealry morning breakfast

by tobyroby Online Now Feb 4, 2006 at 4:23 AM

Hey there! I'm an early morning riser and will be in Laguna Beach for a while this summer. I'm wondering where on earth one goes for a 5am breakfast. Any kind of breakfast, not picky.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • yvr's Profile Photo

RE: Where to go for an ealry morning breakfast

by yvr Online Now Feb 4, 2006 at 5:39 AM

Well there is always Denny's

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Hopkid's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Where to go for an ealry morning breakfast

by Hopkid Online Now Feb 4, 2006 at 8:43 AM

I'm not sure there's a Denny's in Laguna...not one that I can recall anyway. The Cottage is one of the best places for breakfast in Laguna. I'm not sure they're open quite that early though. Try give them a call to get their hours: 949.494.3023. Here's their website:

http://www.thecottagerestaurant.com/

The Hotel Laguna has a restaurant but it's not open until 7am.

• yvr's Profile Photo

by yvr Online Now Feb 4, 2006 at 11:24 AM

Your absolutely right "hopkid", there is no Denny's in Laguna, what was I thinking? guess they are not "chic" enough. The closest is 7 miles away and thats a bit too far unless your a "Denny's addict". The Cottage is a great place I remember eating there the last time I was in Laguna Beach. It is a good choice.

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

by travelgourmet Online Now Feb 4, 2006 at 1:48 PM

Sleep in until the good breakfast locations open. The Cottage opens at 7 a.m., Splashes, in the Surf & Sand Hotel opens at 7 a.m. The Beach House opens at 8 a.m., and my favorite, C'est La Vie opens at 9:30 a.m. Fast food chains are at least 4 miles out of downtown Laguna Beach. They are the only ones I know that might be open at 5 a.m.

• RE: RE: Where to go for an ealry morning breakfast

by Ciambella Online Now Feb 5, 2006 at 10:20 AM

The earliest any restaurant in Laguna opens for breakfast is 7AM except Penguin at 6:30 during the week. And yep, there was a Denny's in Laguna up until the end of the 60s -- it was the official hang out for Laguna Beach High School kids, my hubby included. It was located right across from Tortilla Flats. It became a hotel 30 years ago.

5AM is too early for Laguna.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines