Laguna Beach Travel Answers

change location

Laguna with kids

by billgo Online Now Mar 21, 2005 at 12:31 PM

I am coming to Laguna with the kids and wanted advice on what beach was the best for them, restuartnts etc. They are 3,6,9, and 10. We also want to take a short easy hike. I have heard alot about the tide pools and sea lions. Any info would be great. Thanks...Bill.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Hopkid's Profile Photo

RE: Laguna with kids

by Hopkid Online Now Mar 21, 2005 at 1:05 PM

I've always liked Chicago, Chicago Pizza. Definitely a good place for the kids. It's on PCH very near the theater. I believe there are hiking trails in Crystal Cove State Park which is a bit north of Laguna on PCH. The Main Beach should be fine for the kids or you can go a bit north and hang out closer to where the tide pools are.

Check out the Visitors Bureau at http://www.lagunabeachinfo.org/and give them a call.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Roadquill's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Laguna with kids

by Roadquill Online Now Mar 21, 2005 at 4:33 PM

The main beach at Laguna is central downtown right where Hwy 133 runs into PCH. It has a great beach, lifeguards, but can get a little crowded. However, you can walk South for several miles of good beaches and there are a considerable number of public access stairs to get down to the beach. You have to be a little carefull on timing as some of the beach is not passable at high tide.

Aliso Beach is probably best by car or bus. Sometimes the sand can be steep at waters edge, which can be dangerous for small kids.

For restaurants a complete list can be found at http://www.letseatoc.com/laguna.htm. For Mexican Food with kids try Tortilla Flats. It is a bit more casual than Los Brisas. Several of the taco stands on PCH are excellent. And you always have Taco Bell. There is an Albertson's market about 1/4 mile South of the 133 junction.

Some of my best childhood memories are at Laguna and the tidepools, especially those on the South side.
    Karl

• RE: Laguna with kids

by jlores Online Now Jul 10, 2005 at 9:57 PM

If you drive further south, try Dana Point Harbor. There are tide pools and also the Ocean Institute . Check out www.danapoint.org.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines