Lagos Travel Answers

change location

shops/supermarket closing times on Christmas Eve. Restaurants open on Christmas Day

by joseana Online Now Sep 30, 2010 at 4:42 PM

I have some friends arriving in Lagos on Christmas Eve for a short Christmas break. Because of flight arrival time in Faro it is likely to be around 6.00pm before they arrive in Lagos. Does anyone know the closing times of supermarkets (e.g. Pingo Doce, Intermarche, Liedl, Modelo, etc.) in Lagos on Christmas Eve. Also, I know quite a few restaurants in Lagos traditionally close during the month of December for holidays and do not reopen until January. Does anyone know of any restaurants which remain open on Christmas Day itself for Christmas Dinner? Any information would be gratefully appreciated

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • cubsur's Profile Photo

Re: shops/supermarket closing times on Christmas Eve. Restaurants open on Christmas Day

by cubsur Online Now Oct 1, 2010 at 3:16 AM

It is difficult to be specific but almost all shops close at around 6 or 7pm on Christmas Eve and are of course closed on Christmas Day.

If your friends will be hiring a car, I suggest that as soon as they leave the airport they head into Faro and about a mile down that road there is a large Pingo Doce eupermarket and opposite, in the Forum Algarve, is a Jumbo hypermarket. For the latter go round the roundabout and follow the signs to the underground parking area.

That way they can stock up at least for a couple of days until the Lagos shops are open again on the 26th.

If on the 24th they wait until they get to Lagos, they could well find everything already closed.

Sorry I cannot help with the restaurant question.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines