Lagos Travel Answers

change location

Lagos working and general questions

by malibulucy Online Now Feb 3, 2005 at 10:56 AM

hi there having decided im definately going to work somewhere warm this summer the suggestion of Lagos keeps comming up so i thought i would ask you all who have worked out there been out there what it is like? Ive been on several familiy holidays to albefura but never to Lagos so i dont really know much about it. Ive read it can get quite windy how windy are we talking? windy for wind surfing or blow you away when walking down a street windy? also since i am probably going to end up working in a bar at the eve i wondered what positions are available for during the day time as im pretty sure that after 2 weks or so i will be bored of lying on the beach all day and also ive been told the wages arnt that good so in order to go home with some money for uni i would probably need somethin else besides waitressing. I would be looking for something outside during the day but not too bothered what. I also wondered what the protugese law/rules are with regards to street vendors as i make my own jewellry and was thinking this could be a good selling point during the tourist season i could set up on the beach front etc but dont want to end up in big trouble for this so if anyone knows of any problems i may have on this front plz let me know, Basically im just after some general info on Lagos and whether i would enjoy spending 4 months there this summer or whether its the kind of place that your ok for a month or so but after that it gets a little boring. Im not into the huge party scene and the last thing i want to do is go somewhere like ibiza where it is over run with brits drinking and throwing up and generally making a bad name for themselves but i do want friendly people a good nightlife and stuff to do on days off besides lie on a beach. and one last question where can i learn to surf in portugal i heard there was a beach not too far from lagos? thanks for help :)

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines