Lagos Travel Answers

change location

what you need

by lizzie1302 Online Now Sep 22, 2009 at 5:05 PM

Is it true you have to have a certain amount of money to show at the airport before they will let you into Lagos Nigeria?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • juliogg's Profile Photo

Re: what you need

by juliogg Online Now Sep 22, 2009 at 7:17 PM

Negative. I was in Lagos in June and No , was not asked to flash or declare$. What I can tell you is that when you leave , make sure you have receipts for ALL that you purchased and anything (however cheap it looks) that "might" be "old", they will try to shake you down for the antiquities certificate. In ALL my travels, THIS airport has been the most _ _ rupt to date.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

by Odinnthor Online Now Sep 22, 2009 at 7:40 PM

Arrggh!! Good advice Julio!! Some things never change! "Lost" several items, none of the antiques at that airport, - and that was years ago!!!!

• Soili's Profile Photo

by Soili Online Now Sep 23, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Hello,
    I remember I was told to run like a mad person out of the plane to get the suitcases. We got them ok , but there were many thigns stolen from my ex's suitcase. And he told me to throw away my apple I had taken as a small snack, thinking (so right) it would be hours before I's get something to eat.
    I sincerely hope you're having someone to meet you outside the airport..There were people to cling to you very quickly to ask if you need help.
    This is terrible to say in a way - but don't trust anyone.
    Yet the officials kindly greeted me to say welcome to Nigeria. And of course, the human touc is there: if there is a mother with a child in queue for the passport control, they will go first.
    If I hadn't been with ex-family members that time I wouldn't have even thought of travelling to Nigeria.
    And I didn't even see his village - so many questions were unanswered for me..
    But Lagos airport is a rough place to be.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines