Lagos Travel Answers

change location

cheap hotels please

by oui1985 Online Now Jan 25, 2009 at 12:06 AM

I will be spending a night in Lagos and i don't know anybody there and i haven't got a lot of cash to spend,please I need a place to lay my head i hear Lagos is very dangerous
Can somebody give me the name of a hotel/motel that costs between 2500 and 3000 naira a night that is clean and has some security please???
Thank You.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: cheap hotels please

by anton64 Online Now Jan 26, 2009 at 9:25 PM

You want a place for US$20 in a city where the average 3 star hotel costs over US$ 300 a night, for 4 or 5 star it will go above US$ 450. No idea what you consider clean or safe but you will not get it for 20 bucks. Even guest houses where I have stayed in and can recomend will be close to US$ 200.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by akwajack Online Now Jan 29, 2009 at 2:22 PM

I went to Nigeria two months ago and had to spend the night in Lagos. The cheapest hotel was about110 a night. It was not clean, had AC and poor lighting but I guess you get your money's worth. You could always ask at the info desk at the airport in Lagos BUt you will not find one at the rate you are asking for.

by JudithAkins Online Now May 25, 2009 at 5:23 AM

I have just got back - I agree with the others. Be prepared to pay at least 14000naira. + transport to the hotel. Take care being on your own with no arrangements in advance. I can link you with a private security person who can also get you a nights accommodation - ask me if you want more info

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines