Lagos Travel Answers

change location

how is nightlife in lagos..??

by gokhangul2003 Online Now Nov 30, 2008 at 11:00 AM

hello there.. i am thinking to go to nigeria to visit one of my friend at my hollyday. i wonder if the clubs and restaurants in lagos are fun to go or not ?? can anyone who knows lagos or nigeria advise me some pls ????

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • atufft's Profile Photo

Re: how is nightlife in lagos..??

by atufft Online Now Nov 30, 2008 at 11:52 PM

I've only been to Ghana and other West African nations, but Nigeria, and Lagos in general have a nasty reputation for violence and theft. Although the night clubs in Lagos are probably pretty great for the music, they could be very dangerous for a white person, or a black person who is naive about the place. Best pal up with a friend to stay safe. Accra in Ghana is much safer and equally great...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • jimilovy's Profile Photo

Re: how is nightlife in lagos..??

by jimilovy Online Now Dec 31, 2008 at 1:19 AM

Yeah,Nigeria is a great place to visit. Where do you want to visit your friends? I stay in Lagos,so it is a great place to be,they have one of the best clubs in Africa,from the Night shift coleseum to other great places.Whenever you feel like knowing more,tell me and i will help.

• Re: how is nightlife in lagos..??

by halfcurrent Online Now Jan 4, 2009 at 3:20 AM

Hi, atufft has actually said it all.
    I am a Nigerian, but I very much agree with atufft's comments.
    I should add that you need to do enough homework before embarking on the trip. Your friend should be able to give enough guidance starting from the airport. Don't get me wrong, Nigerians are friendly and great people though. But a few miscreants could be very mischievous, crafty, dangerous, and violence. do have a nice holiday!!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines