Lagos Travel Answers

change location

Wedding reception halls in Festac Town, Lagos????

by Gbabe Online Now Feb 19, 2006 at 2:00 PM

Hi everyone..y fiance and i are planning to go to Nigeria to get married later on this year ad have been doing some research. One problem though is getting information on reception halls. The church we plan on using is all set, but we're not too satisfied witht he hall they are proving,a s they are not even giving much details on it. What are our options on reception halls....in Festac town and what are their price range....do any of them have internet web sites?....Also, I heard about some accomodations called chalets or something to that effect...does anyone know what those are and how much they run..and once again where we could get information on those. Thanks!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • RE: Wedding reception halls in Festac Town, Lagos????

by korea2204 Online Now Feb 26, 2006 at 4:25 AM

Where are you from? Are you getting married to a Nigerian from a Western country? Be careful, I've been to Festac Town it is not a safe or nice place to be in. Why not try a different place other than Lagos? There are other nice place in Lagos, but Festac Town is not it.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Wedding reception halls in Festac Town, Lagos????

by Gbabe Online Now Feb 28, 2006 at 8:34 PM

Hey..thanks for replying me. Yes my fiance is from there Nigeria too. We both grew up in festac, but left years ago. When you say not safe...what do you mean? Please elaborate...thanks!

• Re: Wedding reception halls in Festac Town, Lagos????

by laughingirl Online Now Apr 14, 2007 at 4:52 PM

hi, im female and from the uk. I stayed in festac town in nov, dec 2006 with my fiance who is from lagos. We stayed with family and i saw no trouble at all the people were very friendly sometimes too nice (we are not used to it in the uk).
    We stayed in a couple of hotels around festac when the power goin off got too bad for us. one nation garden ( i think) was 1. It was a nice place felt very safe cant say much for the food tho(they'l know what I am on about:-)
    I realise this is prob too late for your question but posted it in case anyone else reads it. Can recommend a good pub called something like " the english bar" i'm welsh but had a great night in there with the locals ( none of which were english).
    Nigeria has a bad name and Lagos is no worse than any other big city.
    Lots oflove to everyone in Festac Town

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines