Lago di Nemi

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Flavoured Vodka

Rome 7 hours ago

Where can I buy fruit flavoured vodka such as strawberry, raspberry, Melon, etc. I have had it at a friends house and it is wonderful. I will be in Rome this summer and would like to purchase some.

more
    • JohnDeRose's Profile Photo

Views in Rome

Rome Apr 27, 2015 at 4:49 PM

Hello,

Where are the best views in Rome?

How much do street artist charge to do a painting? Average price of course, I know its can vary.

more

Eating in Rome

Rome Apr 27, 2015 at 4:48 PM

Hello,

Where to eat on a budget in Rome? How much is a breakfast in Rome? What does it include?

Prices for fruit and vegetables at the markets?

Price of a wine bottle to bring to the hotel versus the price in a restaurant?

more

Roma Pass???

Rome Apr 27, 2015 at 4:39 PM

Hello,

What is the Roma Pass? What does it include?

more
    • Driving 8 people from Rome to Chianti...best location to rent from, best route to take..help!

Rome Apr 6, 2015 at 8:08 AM

Hi All!
      We are travelling to Italy to celebrate the 70th birthdays of our parents. It will be a group of 8 adults (me/my husband, both sets of our parents and his sister and husband). We will spend the first 3 days in Rome and then move onto Chianti for 3 days and lastly Venice for 3 days.

Last time my husband and I went to Rome/Tuscany we took the train from Rome to Florence then rented a car in Florence, however this time we're considering renting a van straight from Rome because it seems easier to drive then to coordinate 8 people (including 4 70 year olds) for the train. My questions:

- Is this a crazy idea? I've read about the driving in Rome, is it really that hard to navigate?
      - If we do drive, can you please recommend the best location to pick up the car- so that we can avoid massively bad traffic areas and any restricted driving areas?
      - Is it difficult to drive a van in Italy? We will need a large van given there are 8 of us plus luggage...
      - Can you please recommend a scenic driving route with the option for 1-2 stops along the way from Rome to Gaiole in Chianti? We are staying here: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review...

Thanks!

more
    • Train Travel

Rome Yesterday

We are travelling by ternitalia from Rome to naples, naples to Florence.
      We have one bag of dimension
      L 68cmsx W:44 cmsx Height:27cms
      Will this fit in the overhead racks? If not where can we keep it in First class?

more

Attractions Outside the Center of Rome

Rome Apr 28, 2015 at 6:38 PM

Hello,

I would like to know what are some nice churches, palazzos, gardens, ruins, etc outside the city's center.

more
    • Artemide Hotel or Hotel Manfredi Suite for 70th birthday trip of my parents?

Rome Apr 6, 2015 at 8:15 AM

Hi All!
      We are a group of 8 travelling in Rome May 30-June 2. I would like to book a hotel in a great location to minimize walking (will have 4 70 year olds with us) as well as a luxury hotel as it's a special birthday trip for my parents. Any thoughts between the two hotels below? Thank you!

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review...

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review...

more

Restaurants in Rome

Rome 13 hours ago

Hello,

Names of good and bad restaurants in Rome?

more
    • Do we need to buy a ticket for 4 year old for opera?

Rome Apr 30, 2015 at 6:33 PM

We are traveling to Rome at the beginning of June. I was wondering  whether we need to buy a separate ticket for a 4 year old to attend opera in Teatro dell'Opera? Thank you!!!

more

Jogging in Rome

Rome Apr 30, 2015 at 3:30 PM

Hello,

I would like to plan a little jog in Rome but I don't want to run around the imprints of the Circus Maximus, I want to go around the city but I don't know how crowded it will be during July. Is it easy to jog in Rome? I have a feeling the answer is no.

more

Rome to Tuscany

Rome Apr 29, 2015 at 5:53 PM

Hello,

I will be taking away two days from Rome to go to Florence for four days, extending my stay by two days. I will be renting a car when I leave Rome and I would like to know what are some good areas to make a pit stop and observe the scenery, its not a problem if its 5-10 min away so please let me know all the good sites along the road to Tuscany. I'll try to make 2,3 maybe even 4 stops or maybe 1 long one.

Have you rented a car in Italy? Is there a company which is better than the others or are they all good? I see its 500$ cad to rent a Giulietta. I need the Giulietta for the luggage space.

europcar.com/DotcarClient/st...

I did the calculation for 1L/2.10 CAD
      Rome to Tuscany = 277 km
      Giulietta 6.4L/100 km

6.4 x 2.77 x 2.10 = Rounded answer is 40$ CAD

70$ (rental/day)+ 40$ (gas) + 10$ extra = 120$
      3 train tickets = 150$

= 270$

Basically its not for the savings its just for the freedom of stopping whenever we want. I know they're all manuals but is there anything else I should know about renting cars in Italy?

more
    • Safety in Italy

Rome May 2, 2015 at 8:17 AM

Is it not safer to leave passports, documents and extra cash in hotel safe rather than carrying it around in Rome, Naples, Florence and Venice and be a target for pickpockets and other scamsters?

more
    • best tour times

Rome Apr 30, 2015 at 9:19 AM

In addition to my previous question, I would also like some help in choosing the best time for taking a tour if the Vatican museum and the Colosseum. The options are 9am, 10m, and 2:30pm. I am inclined to take the 2:30pm option but will wait for suggestions. Thank you.

more

Your Best Tips

Rome Apr 28, 2015 at 6:54 PM

Hello,

Can you tell me your best tips for traveling in Rome.

more
    • Best way to travel with a toddler from FCO to Trastevere?

Rome Apr 29, 2015 at 9:38 AM

Hi,
      I have a tripped booked to Rome for May 3rd. I will be traveling with a 20 month old child. Is it realistic to consider the train and then tram as a transportation option for us or should I just take a cab into Trastevere? The hotel street is :Via degli Orti di Trastevere . Do taxis at FCO airport go into that part of Trastevere? How much will the taxi run me?

Additionally, I am considering doing a vatican tour and Colisseum tour? Will I be allowed to bring an umbrella stroller into these facilities? Thanks in advance!

more

Hotels in Rome

Rome 13 hours ago

What are good hotels in Rome?

more

Line Ups :(

Rome Apr 27, 2015 at 4:38 PM

Hello,

I need to know how long line ups are in Rome in mid July. To make it easier, I just need to know which attractions have line ups longer than 20 minutes because I will automatically attribute 20 min per line up unless you tell me otherwise.

How long is the Vatican line if I have the pre paid entry ticket? Do churches have line ups or you can just walk in? Please just let me know which ones have more than a 20 minute line up and which ones are walk right in if possible, I will be able to do a lot of planning with this information.

more
    • borruscr's Profile Photo

Rome Bus system

Rome Apr 13, 2015 at 1:59 AM

Hi. Will be in Rome in September and am trying to determine how to use the bus system while moving around rome. The ATAC website will not help as I will not have internet access. Basically I want something that can assist me in determining what bus I need to look for when standing at a bus stop. From what I have read till now, you can see the destination of the bus (the stopping point) but not the various stops it may make (depending on whether people want to climb on or climb off at that stop) I have had a look at the Bus map at romemap360.com/en/rome-bus-m... but it does not really give me any more information and I do not want to spend unnecessary time trying to figure out which bus I need to catch to move from point A to point B Thanks

more
    • Ismailre's Profile Photo

Please anyone assist with prices of metro and bus modes of transport in Italy

Rome Apr 22, 2015 at 9:57 AM

Hi All, I will be going to Rome Italy for the first time in September. Can anyone please advise what the price of metro and bus tickets are like?

more