Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• AllieK's Profile Photo

Learning Italian

Rome Jan 8, 2015 at 2:57 AM

Hello!
      In the summer I would like to come to Italy to learn Italian for a few weeks. I'm currently an Australian living in the UK so I don't have a very big budget. Does anyone have any advice? I've already tried looking up a few schools and hostel accommodation.

Is there any other options?
      Or do you have any recommendations of language schools?

more
    • Renting a car

Rome Jan 27, 2015 at 4:29 PM

I want to rent a car from Rome to drive through Tuscany, up to Cinque Terra, on to Mont Blanc, the Matterhorn, ending in Venice. I would appreciate any advice or alternative suggestions. Thank you!

more
    • goodfish's Profile Photo

Important Notice: New bag restrictions

Rome Jan 27, 2015 at 11:37 AM

http://www.coopculture.it/en/ is informing visitors, tour guides and school groups that for security reasons, backpacks, large handbags and luggage are not allowed inside the excavations at the Colosseum, Palatine and Forum in Rome.  Actual dimensions of allowable bags has not yet been determined for these sites but have been recently restricted to 30x30x15 cm (abt 12 x 12 x 6") or smaller at Pompeii, Herculaneum, Oplonti, Stabia and the Museum of Boscoreale so that might be a good guidline until further notice.

Visitors to Rome are asked leave larger items at their hotel or check them at the left-luggage office at Termini. Additonally, if you have scheduled a tour at the Colosseum, Palatine and Forum, you're asked to arrive 30 minutes beforehand to ensure timely passage through security checks. 

more
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Trajan's forum

Rome Jan 5, 2015 at 7:30 AM

Dear friends, I wish to all of you a happy New Year and hope you are all in good helth. Pls can you tell me if it is possible to visit the Trajan's forum with the remains of the basilica Ulpia and the column of Trajan in any other way than the one of watching it from the road where all people can see it? Can actually someone go inside the ruins? I can only find visits to the trajan's market (the brick coloured building just next to the forum. Thank you very much.

more
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Vatican museums

Rome Jan 10, 2015 at 4:55 AM

I am very confused with the route we shall follow after visiting the pinacoteca of the Vatican. They all say you follow a certain coridor that leads to the sistine chapel and then you come back following the other wing.
      1. Do they mean that by entering, one has to go upstairs to the first floor and choose to go left?
      2. And after a complex of some galleries gathered together, one follows the left wing which leads to sistine chapel and then comes back at the entrance following the right wing?
      3. Ok. But, what about the second floor? At which point can it be visited?
      4. Where exactlry is the sistine chapel? On the first or on the second floor?
      5. Does the Sistine chapel have other opening hours than the museums. To me it seems that it has the same opening hours but many say that it closes earlier. Why?
      Thanks alot.

more
    • agathi's Profile Photo

apia antica

Rome Jan 5, 2015 at 1:25 PM

Dear friends, could you tell me where in the city of Rome can someone see this old part of apia antica road still covered with stones, which I see in some photos but don't know where exactly it is placed? A member called "JohanIsWeg" gives this photo in the forum in 2010. thanks again.

more