change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• lpnieman's Profile Photo

best town to stay in on east or north side of the lake

by lpnieman Online Now Jul 10, 2014 at 6:05 PM

I'm going to be heading from the Valpolicella wine region just outside of Verona to the Alpe di Siusi region of the Dolomites in early/mid-September and thought I would head over to Garda for a couple of nights. There seem to be a lot of great small towns and I can't decide which one to stay in. I am a photographer and, even more importantly, a travel agent seeking those hidden gems to send my clients to. I am personally pretty active (runner and hiker) so would like to spend a few hours doing something active, but also have a town with a good buzz about it - interesting sites, good restaurants. Currently, Riva del Garda and Torbole seem the most intriguing with Malcesine coming in next. Thoughts?

more
    • Train to Malpensa, how to

by cabocha Online Now Jun 27, 2014 at 11:57 AM

Hello, I will be needing to get to the Malpensa Airport, Milan on August 17th NO later than 4:30pm Which is the best way to do this? Moderate fare, no private taxis, please!
      Gracias

more
    • lpnieman's Profile Photo

best town to stay in on east or north side of the lake

by lpnieman Online Now Jul 10, 2014 at 6:05 PM

I'm going to be heading from the Valpolicella wine region just outside of Verona to the Alpe di Siusi region of the Dolomites in early/mid-September and thought I would head over to Garda for a couple of nights. There seem to be a lot of great small towns and I can't decide which one to stay in. I am a photographer and, even more importantly, a travel agent seeking those hidden gems to send my clients to. I am personally pretty active (runner and hiker) so would like to spend a few hours doing something active, but also have a town with a good buzz about it - interesting sites, good restaurants. Currently, Riva del Garda and Torbole seem the most intriguing with Malcesine coming in next. Thoughts?

2 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 8:00 AM
    • Train to Malpensa, how to

by cabocha Online Now Jun 27, 2014 at 11:57 AM

Hello, I will be needing to get to the Malpensa Airport, Milan on August 17th NO later than 4:30pm Which is the best way to do this? Moderate fare, no private taxis, please!
      Gracias

8 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 11:54 AM
    • Prewedding Photoshoot

by mkn07 Online Now Mar 13, 2014 at 12:55 PM

My fiance and I got engaged in Lake Garda last year and are going back this April for our prewedding photoshoot. We wanted to ask if there are any vantage points where we should visit to get great photos?

We are staying in Gargnano as we previously stayed in Villa Sostaga when we got engaged.

Thanks for your help!!

7 Answers Mar 16, 2014 at 6:59 PM
    • LagoMan's Profile Photo

I know Lago di Garda well...BUT....

by LagoMan Online Now Aug 26, 2013 at 7:33 AM

Okay, we vacation at Lago di Garda very often...just about every year, BUT we're much more familiar with the west-side of the Lago than the eastern-side. We have a car, and what I'm looking for is a nice place to have a good Italian lunch in quiet surroundings right at lake-side but NOT IN A VILLAGE.. I'm pretty sure there are nice little restaurants in locations but they aren't so easy to find, so if someone out there could direct me to one where my wife and I could enjoy the quiet of the lake and some good Italian food for an anniversary lunch, it would certainly be appreciated! THANKS.

10 Answers Aug 29, 2013 at 10:06 AM
    • Where to stay in Lake Garda

by peternieri Online Now Aug 5, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Could you please let me know where is the nicest location to stay in Lake Garda for a lovely holiday.l

15 Answers Aug 26, 2013 at 7:36 AM
    • 4 or 5 days Lake Garda

by TravellingLyn Online Now Jul 1, 2013 at 12:18 AM

We are planning a trip from Australia to Italy in April '14. After Venice we would like to spend 4or 5 days at Lake Garda. We will be travelling by train and after much research it appears that the north part of the lake is quite different from the South. Sirmione and Malcesine both appeal very much. My question is whether staying for 2 nights at Sirmione to see the southern areas then by boat transferring with luggage to Malcesine for 2 or 3 nights to explore the northern end is a good idea as I see that it is a long trip up to the northern end to make a day of it only from Sirmione? Are you able to take luggage on these boats? How long is the boat trip to Malcesine? And if you we're doing 5 days would you do the 3 at Sirmione or Malcesine? Also a trip to Verona is on our list- would this be done easier from Sirmione or Malcesine and best on a tour or do our own thing if time restricted? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thankyou.

3 Answers Jul 1, 2013 at 10:48 AM
    • Scuba diving

by Aenario Online Now Jun 30, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Hello, I and friend of mine recently pased PADI Open Water diving courses and we are really interested in going for scuba diving in Garda lake, what places for scuba diving you can recomend for begginer divers?

1 Answer Jun 30, 2013 at 1:36 PM
    • Conditions at Lago di garda / malcesine

by TKain Online Now Jun 6, 2013 at 7:46 PM

I have some friends hiring a car out of Verona and driving around the lake to stay at a hotel in Malcesine in mid June. What are weather/road conditions like there now. Will it be ok in mid June 2013?

2 Answers Jun 8, 2013 at 10:15 AM
    • lake garda public transport?

by mumof3monsters Online Now Jul 23, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Hi,we are planning a holiday to Altomincio Family Park ,we are flying into Verona and i was wondering if anyone knows how the public transport is around the park?,how easy is it to travel to nearby attractions?Many thanks ,Cherie.

2 Answers Jul 24, 2012 at 2:17 PM
    • vivic87's Profile Photo

Garda

by vivic87 Online Now Apr 24, 2012 at 2:53 PM

i'm going to Garda and was wondering if there is a supermarket in the area?

2 Answers May 3, 2012 at 11:33 AM
    • pool complex with exciting waterslides for 13 and 15 yr olds

by mel123swim Online Now Feb 22, 2012 at 9:46 AM

We are looking for some place to stay in lake Garda next August, we dont mind if it's a hotel or a campsite, just needs to have some fun waterslides for teens. If you know of accommodation in this area with "cool" waterslides, i would love to hear about it.
      Thanks

9 Answers Feb 24, 2012 at 12:22 AM
    • hairdressers in Malcesine lake Garda

by flyingsoloone Online Now Jan 23, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Hi Could someone recommend a hairdresser in Malcesine, We are going to a friends wedding in June and I will need my hair styled. Thanks J

• Lago Di Garda in late October

by nakita002 Online Now Sep 5, 2011 at 1:01 AM

Hi All,
      We are planning to go to Lago di Garda at the end of October, from the 28th-30th.
      I am intent on booking a lakeside accommodation, I was looking at some pretty wooden chalets in a campsite only to realise they close at the beginning of October. I am quite disappointed as all the campsites seem to be closed.
      Is end of October a bad time to visit?
      Anyone can recommend a nice cheap place (around 60-70 Euros a night for 2 people)close to the lake?
      We have not decided on a particular town yet, as the most important thing for us is to be located as close as possible to the lake
      Thanks

8 Answers Sep 5, 2011 at 10:07 AM
    • Zsuzsa

by dioszegi Online Now Aug 9, 2011 at 12:57 PM

We are traveling to Sirmione on Saturday and we are fans of flea markets. Could you suggest any nice markets in the neighbourhood? / From Brescia to Verona or around the lake/

• gerardmush's Profile Photo

transfer from airport Bergamo

by gerardmush Online Now May 23, 2011 at 4:07 AM

Hi

I am new virtual tourist and am due to spend 10 days at Peschiera del Garda campsite late July. What is recommended transfer from airport to Pescheira?

Thanks in anticipation

Gerard

9 Answers Jul 6, 2011 at 10:18 AM
    • Travelling from milan Bergamo airport to Malcesine at night

by greenlawbear Online Now May 2, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Hi there

I will be arriving at Milan Bergamo airport at 2200hrs in June 2011. Does anyone know what time the buses and trains stop operating at?

Many thanks

Claire

3 Answers May 3, 2011 at 7:16 AM
    • ValeryCollins's Profile Photo

Fireworks New Year 2010

by ValeryCollins Online Now Apr 9, 2011 at 5:45 AM

Hi everyone - first I would like to thank everyone who has responded to my quesitons - all very helpful responses.
      Now I have another question for you. I spent New Year on Lake Garda in the town of Garda sul Garda and on New Year's Eve we were informed there would be not public fireworks as the money was going to a disaster fund - does anyone know what disaster fund that was?
      Ciao
      Valery

2 Answers Apr 9, 2011 at 1:39 PM
    • Peschiera to Malcesine

by ama1952 Online Now Mar 5, 2011 at 10:17 AM

We are going to Lake Garda this june by train from london,via Paris to Milan Staying overnight here) and then on to Peschiera, we are staying in Malcesine and wanted to know the best(quickest)way to get there and how long the bus or ferry would take to get there

2 Answers Mar 5, 2011 at 3:51 PM
    • Travelling from Verona Airport to Garda

by jo_sullivan Online Now Mar 3, 2011 at 8:32 AM

Hi There

Just wondering if anyone can help me - im travelling with my girlfriend to Lake Garda this summer and we are staying in town of Garda. I've read that there is a direct bus that goes from the airport and stops at hotels along the way ( as opposed to geting the bus to the train station). I have been looking on the airport website but can't find any info. Any help greatly appreciated:-)

John

5 Answers Mar 5, 2011 at 12:36 AM
    • Isola di lago

by Val46 Online Now Feb 27, 2011 at 6:11 AM

I have been looking at pictures of this island in lake garda and wondered whether it was ok to visit with a wheelchair. I appreciate the house is probably not suitable ( they rarely are) but wondered if it was possible to get from the boat to the gardens without climbing steps. Also which ferry would get us there?
      Thanks Val

2 Answers Feb 27, 2011 at 6:27 AM
    • Lago di Garda for 25th Anniversary - Where? (with a 6 yr old!)

by Alison2000 Online Now Jan 20, 2011 at 1:45 AM

Hi,

It is our 25th anniversary this year, around the time we will be travelling back from our summer holiday in Austria to home near Rome. We would like to stop off somewhere on Lake Garda for a few nights to celebrate. I've been searching for somewhere to stay but can't really find anywhere that seems right. We don't have a huge budget (maximum 150 per night), so 5 star luxury is out, but I would like somewhere memorable - could be for the views, a lovely building, just something that feels a bit special at the time and nice to look back on. The only essentials are a swimming pool and somewhere not too far from the lake. We also prefer an apartment as it is nice to have somewhere separate from the bedroom to stay up once our son has gone to bed, and obviously has to be suitable for a 6 year old. We have a car so not dependent on public transport. If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful

Thanks for any suggestions

Alison

7 Answers Jan 27, 2011 at 5:18 AM
    • Couple of questions about Garda Town

by Val46 Online Now Oct 11, 2010 at 11:30 AM

We are staying in Garda town next year and were wondering if there was a firm in the area which can hire out wheelchairs for a few days. Also are the ferries suitable for those with mobility problems. I can probably get on board but would find it diffiult to climb any steps inside. How far is the rail station from the harbour at Peschiera? We are hoping go to Verona for the day. We would like to go on the bus but would probably find they have steps. Sorry for the number of questions but when you are not too active you have to plan ahead!
      Many Thanks.
      Val

2 Answers Oct 11, 2010 at 2:46 PM
    • Mature couple

by sulacori Online Now Sep 7, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Hi,
      My husband and I are planning a trip by train from Genova to Venice. My husband is looking forward a tranquile stance, walking along many small cozy streets, with the least tourist possible. I´ve known about Lake de Garda and really need to go and enjoy those sights and ambiance. Which of the towns do you consider will fit both our expectations?
      Thanks a lot,
      Sulacori

14 Answers Nov 4, 2010 at 12:50 AM
    • Getting to and from verona arena from riva del garda

by snowgo Online Now Jul 5, 2010 at 3:23 AM

We are travelling to oberammergau on an organised tour in July, and then after we go to hotel oasi (near riva del garda I think) for a further 5 nights. We would really like to take advantage of the verona opera festival on one of these nights. I see that we can book opera tickets over the internet, but just wondering about how we would get to and from verona, particularly in view that the opera may finish quite late. Would we need to stay overnight in verona or is there some other way to get back to hotel oasi after the performance? Don't know what our chances would be in getting a taxi and what this might cost. A hire car might be an option, but not really very keen on driving & parking in verona. Any suggestions appreciated.

5 Answers Oct 11, 2010 at 2:57 PM
    • JBOO46's Profile Photo

Ferries

by JBOO46 Online Now Jun 16, 2010 at 6:20 AM

OK, so we will be taking a cruise that starts in Venice, but will be flying into Italy a couple days early to spend a bit of time in Lake Garda. This will be in the beginning of October. We'll be staying in Desenzano, and hope to take a ferry or boat out on the lake. however, does anyone know the approximate cost of the ferries or hydrofoils? Also, how long would it take to get from Desenzano to Riva Del Garda by boat? Furthermore, are there boat services from Desenzano to Maderno?

Thanks very much for any insight!

5 Answers Aug 17, 2010 at 3:59 AM
    • Lago di Garda

by citibeq Online Now Jun 13, 2010 at 3:20 AM

Any info about Residence Parco del Garda Hotel? Going there mid September.
      Tks

1 Answer Jun 13, 2010 at 3:43 AM
    • Activities

by Kelvjol Online Now May 28, 2010 at 5:59 AM

Hey guys how is the nightlife and daytime activities in Lago di Garda? is it expensive and is there enough to do if you're there for a week? myself and a group of friendsare considering it as a summer vacation

• angela6571's Profile Photo

What to do at Lake Garda on a Monday?

by angela6571 Online Now Apr 5, 2010 at 4:18 PM

My family and I will be driving from Venice to Verona on a Monday. We are thinking about going to Lake Garda first and spending the morning/early afternoon there. We thought we would go to Sirmione, but we have heard that Villa of Catullus and Scaligero Castle are both closed on Monday. Any suggestions as to what we should do instead? Thanks!
      Angela

5 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 3:02 PM
    • Cheap vacation for a small family

by Lemme Online Now Feb 16, 2010 at 3:31 AM

we are 2 adults and 1 child (2 yrs old) searching for a place to stay during our summer hilday ( week 29 or 30). It has to be an aparpment or house, or something with a small kitchen.
      Maximum price for a week is 400 euro.
      Can you help?
      email: leaohlin@gmail.com

• transportation from verona int airport to lake garda

by lolabenalo Online Now Sep 21, 2009 at 10:14 PM

hello! we are arriving to italy on October, and we are planning a low-budjet trip....

1. how can we arrive from verona villafranca airport to lake garda by public cheapest transportation?
      2.where is the best area to sleep in? west, east or north lake garda? where are the least touristic area? (we are looking for a boungalow in a camping resort - its the cheapest option).
      3. is the weaher in october is really cold in there??
      THANK YOU!!!

1 Answer Sep 21, 2009 at 10:34 PM