Lago di Como

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• City taxes

Desenzano Mar 24, 2014 at 9:58 AM

Hello. I would like to know how much the city tax will be per person visiting Desenzano by Lake Garda 7 days from 15. of july this summer.
      Best regards Petter Hotvedt

more
    • Outdoor/adventure shop in Pavia

Pavia Mar 23, 2014 at 11:03 PM

Does anyone know a good outdoor/adventure store in Pavia? Walking via francigena and need to buy some new lightweight shirts

more
    • 223doghouse's Profile Photo

HOTEL ADVICE

Milano Apr 4, 2014 at 9:47 AM

Can you tell me which hotel is the closest to the southern entrance to Fiera Milano? I am going to the World Dog Show in 2015 and want the closest hotel to the venue regardless of price.

Thanks!!

more
    • eurokids's Profile Photo

TIrano to Cadenabbia

Cadenabbia di Griante Apr 3, 2014 at 8:12 AM

What is the best mode of transportation from Tirano to Cadenabbia?

more
    • Where to go from Livigno

Livigno Mar 25, 2014 at 7:45 PM

Hi, I shall be visiting Livigno during June and was wondering where we could go from there to visit different areas for a day trip, we shall be driving so location is not a problem as long that it doesn't exceed the 3 hrs journey.Thanks

more
    • private bus

Bellagio Apr 20, 2014 at 12:13 PM

We have a group of 20 seniors taking a bus transfer from Milan to the DuLac Hotel on the lake front in Bellagio. Can a minibus ( 20 passenger) drive to the front door of the hotel or must it park 2-3 blocks away?

more
    • transport availability from turin to brescia

Brescia Apr 7, 2014 at 4:25 AM

I would just like to know if someone could perhaps please help me by providing some information on the transportation services at night from Turin to Brescia. We are going to travel from Adro, Brescia to Turin to watch a show at the Palaolimpico Stadium which ends late at night...so I want to know if there are trains that run during the early hours of the morning after midnight? Thanking you in advance.

Gradirei appena a so se qualcuno potesse aiutarmi forse prego fornendo le certe informazioni sui servizi del trasporto alla notte da Torino a Brescia. Stiamo andando viaggiare da Adro, Brescia a Torino all'orologio un mostro allo stadio di Palaolimpico che si conclude tardi alla notteā€¦ in modo da voglio sapere se ci sono treni che funzionano nelle prime ore della mattina dopo la mezzanotte? Grazie in anticipo.

more
    • Transportation from airport to hotel in city

Milan Apr 10, 2014 at 7:40 AM

Has any used one of the private companies that offer pick up service at the airport with drop off at the hotel? We are looking at city airport taxi, a company that seems to contract with local companies and wondered if anyone had experience with them or can recommend a different company.

more
    • hotel tiffany to milan central syation or bergamo airport - public transportation or cheap transfer

Milan Apr 8, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Hotel address: Viale Leonardo da Vinci, 209, 20090 Trezzano Sul Naviglio Milano, Italy

more
    • Milano centrale to Duomo hotel

Milan Apr 3, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Directions from station Milan to Duomo

more
    • Melpensa to Piazza del Duomo

Milan Mar 30, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Is the subway close to the airport and what is the fare to piazza del duomo. What train do I take at the airport & where do I get off.

more
    • SHARKFIN's Profile Photo

What to do in milan in one or 2 days apart from DUOmo andthe last supper

Milan Apr 9, 2014 at 12:34 AM

this will be the last leg of my Europe tour which will begin in 1 Jun 2014 . I will arrive in Milan from Venice on 2 July . I will be flying off from Zurich on 5 Jul .

My question is , should i just spend 1 night in milan and 2 night in zurich ? or 2 nights in milan

The planned trip will take me from Vienna Paris , barcelona , rome , floence and venice > In Milan , other than the DUOMo , the last supper painting .. are there anything that i shud see or do when i am in Milan ..

thankyou

jack

more
    • Where to stay?

Varenna Apr 9, 2014 at 12:17 AM

Initially looked at Como. Having second thoughts. We have 4 nights (minus jet lag only 3 days to explore.) We are considering Varenna.
      We would be catching a train from Malpensa directly to Como/Varenna after a long haul from Australia. What are the pros/cons of choosing Varenna?
      A major "thing to do is" the Berlina Express for one day.
      Advice welcomed. Any advice.

Anne

more
    • Hotel near Milan

Milan Apr 6, 2014 at 7:37 AM

We are planning to spend a day in Milan at the end of our holiday in July.
      We are travelling from Como and would like to stay at a hotel outside the city but with good transport links so that we can easily travel in and out.
      Can you recommend somewhere suitable please?

more
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Budget accomodation.

Bergamo Apr 14, 2014 at 1:00 PM

Could you suggest a nice budget bed and breakfast or hotel in Bergamo?

Thanks!

more
    • MXP to Rail station - Timing? Reservations?

Milan Mar 26, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Is there any advantage / disadvantage to making train reservations?

Our flight from JFK is scheduled to arrive on a Friday before 7:00am. Our plan is to take the Express Train to Centralle station for the 2.5 hour trip to Venice. It would SEEM that the 9:35am departure from Milano would be reasonable goal, no?

If we get to the station early, would we be able to swap our tickets for an earlier departure?
      In the more likely scenario, if our flight is delayed - and we miss the 9:35am departure, are our tickets worthless, or able to be used - without penalty on a later departure?
      TIA

more
    • Winery visit near Lake como

by gordonchung Online Now Sep 4, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I'll be visiting Lake Como in October and I would like to visit a winery nearby. Any recommendation?

Best wishes,

Gordon

2 Answers Sep 4, 2013 at 11:42 AM
    • catherineneill's Profile Photo

Summer festivities

by catherineneill Online Now Jul 31, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Hi All. We will be in Lake COmo (staying in Tremezzo) from the 22-29th August. I've been looking online and trying to find information about local festivals, music, parades etc that may be happening in the area but I'm not having much luck? We like classical music, opera, jazz etc, open air cinemas, local parades and markets etc. Can anyone help?!

Thanks

Catherine

4 Answers Aug 22, 2013 at 6:36 AM
    • info please

by epicnan Online Now Jun 20, 2013 at 6:04 AM

can anyone please tell me the transfer time from Verona airport to Tremezzo Lake Como

2 Answers Jun 20, 2013 at 11:27 AM
    • Lago di Como with a Baby

by micazayat Online Now Jun 3, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Hi! I'm planning a trip with my husband and our baby in mid August. Which city is most recomended for us to stay considering we are going with a stroller? should we have a car or it's manageable to get arround with ferry/public transportation? thanks to all!!

4 Answers Jun 5, 2013 at 4:28 AM
    • What towns?

by claumara Online Now May 3, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Hello world travelers,

I just found this fantastically inspiring site by seeing one Auroea/Jelena beautiful photographs and this is my first post. I regret that this is my first trip to Italy in 19yrs and my girl has never been. we are leaving from Los Angeles to Milano May22 and leaving from Rome June 25 and I want Lago di Como to be our first stop for 3 nights. With so many rooms being booked at this time of year I am have difficulty deciding on a b&b or small hotel or near a town that has great views, isn't very busy, has an authentic feel and good food. My budget for a room is flexible up to about $I20 a night. I am thinking I may rent a car since I would like to visit many towns. Any recommendations?

I sincerely appreciate. Claudio Marangone

6 Answers May 4, 2013 at 12:49 AM
    • abbydays's Profile Photo

What to wear?

by abbydays Online Now Aug 31, 2012 at 9:53 AM

We are traveling to Milan, Lago di Como and Barga in September and was just wondering how to pack. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Grazie!

8 Answers Aug 31, 2012 at 5:58 PM
    • EasyMalc's Profile Photo

4 Days on Lake Como

by EasyMalc Online Now Aug 29, 2012 at 2:11 AM

I'll be visiting Lake Como in September and staying in Como. I'll have 4 full days to explore the area without a car.
      I'll be using the water transport most of the time to get around and want to maximise my time efficiently whilst keeping the cost down where possible, but not at the expense of trying to do too much at a time.
      I realise that the Centro Lago is the most scenically attractive part of the lake and I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether I should visit the likes of Bellagio, Varenna and Menaggio on 3 separate days or would it be possible to skip across the lake to see all 3 in one day - or a combination of both.
      A big thank you to anyone who has any suggestions on the best way to spend the 4 days.

11 Answers Aug 28, 2013 at 8:19 AM
    • Trip from Verona to Lago di Como

by MarciaMoraesGaui Online Now Aug 3, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I'm planing a day trip from Verona to Lago Como, where should I go? How many hours?

2 Answers Aug 3, 2012 at 12:59 PM
    • Roadquill's Profile Photo

Day ferry pass

by Roadquill Online Now May 16, 2012 at 10:08 PM

So I am trying to plan a day trip from Bergamo to Lake Como. We can either take the train to Como San Giovani or to Lecco. Then buy a day ferry pass so we can hit Bellagio and Varenna and Como. Can anyone tell me what the price for a day ferry pass is along with how much the supplemental for the high speed? I have been going crazy trying to find a site. Also, any alternatives than the train, e.g. buses? TIA, Karl

12 Answers May 21, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Places to visit at the lake of Como area.

by Maurizioago Online Now Apr 13, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Which towns/village could you suggest to visit as a day trip at the lake area?

4 Answers Apr 13, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Where to stay.

by Maurizioago Online Now Mar 29, 2012 at 3:34 AM

I'd like to spend some days on a nice place at the lake of Como. Could you suggest a nice town or village and also a good hotel/bed and breakfast?

Thanks in advance for you're replies!

5 Answers Apr 4, 2012 at 1:39 PM
    • skywalkerbeth's Profile Photo

Buying property on Lake Como as a foreigner

by skywalkerbeth Online Now Jun 20, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Good evening

I am in the very preliminary stages of assessing feasibility. This would be a flat - not a villa (I wish).

Does anyone have some good resources (books, websites) to recommend in doing research? Tax aspects, foreign owner pitfalls, letting the property afterwards, and so on?

We usually stay mid lake (Lenno or Varenna) and I think I'm partial to the western side but would probably expand the search to other areas - but no farther north than mid-lake.

I have experience in owning a second home but the one I have is not a rental - so the rental aspect would be completely new to me.

Many thanks.

4 Answers Oct 4, 2013 at 10:07 AM
    • Best town to stay in Lake Como when driving from Innusbruck

by Tpags Online Now Apr 22, 2011 at 9:17 AM

Hi, I'm really hoping someone could help me out. My husband and I are travelling through a majority of Northern Italy. To save quite a bit, we are booking a lot of hotels and B&B's ourselves. my question is..at one point we will be in Innusbruck, Austria, at which time we will make our way down to Lago di Como (Lake Como). We were thinking of staying in the town of Pallanza. Do you think this is the best town to stay in at Lake Como considering we are coming from Innusbruck?

4 Answers Apr 25, 2011 at 6:06 AM
    • Lago di Como in Late October

by ddd07 Online Now Oct 10, 2010 at 4:53 AM

I plan to take the 2 grandparents together with my wife and my 4year old daughter and go to Lago di Como end of October.
      I have never been in this area and i wanted to ask for your reccommendations about which town to stay in as well as hotel reccommendations (3 or 4 stars).
      We are looking for something with nice view.

Thanks

2 Answers Apr 1, 2011 at 6:47 AM
    • How to get to Como

by maria_galicia Online Now Oct 5, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Hi,
      I wanted to go to Como from Milan. I have seen that there are some trains that goes there, but I wanted to know if they are so expensive and the time they spent. Thanks

8 Answers Oct 6, 2010 at 11:02 PM
    • car ferry from Menaggio to Varenna

by adrianer Online Now Sep 14, 2010 at 7:17 AM

I'm traveling by car from Malpensa to Varenna in late September. I need to know if there is a car ferry that crosses the lake between the two towns of Menaggio and Varenna. I read the ferry website schedule but it's not entirely clear to me if there is a ferry that takes cars. Also, does one need to buy a ticket in advance for the trip? Finally, is it better to drive to Lecco and on to Varenna and avoid the ferry altogether?

7 Answers Sep 16, 2010 at 4:41 AM
    • sandgrounder's Profile Photo

Supermarkets on Sunday Evening

by sandgrounder Online Now Jul 28, 2010 at 8:09 AM

Are we likely to find any supermarkets open late afternoon/early evening on a Sunday anywhere between Malpensa airport and Lake Como?

10 Answers Aug 23, 2010 at 4:34 PM
    • what to do/unmissable things in Lake Como

by RISSA75 Online Now Jul 16, 2009 at 11:25 PM

Hello
      We are staying in Bellagio for 3 nights. What are the "MUST DO".
      things? We have a 5yr old and 18month old. Happy to take ferries, do short hikes,exploring towns etc.
      Also any family restuarant suggestions
      What can we expect the weather to be in September
      Thanks in advance

4 Answers Jul 17, 2009 at 6:16 PM
    • kiko76's Profile Photo

Varenna accomodation

by kiko76 Online Now Jan 15, 2009 at 3:27 AM

Can someone tell me a nice & cheap accomodation in Varenna??..
      Thanks
      Francesco

3 Answers Jan 16, 2009 at 6:41 AM
    • tjoayuli's Profile Photo

Villa Bellagio

by tjoayuli Online Now Oct 15, 2008 at 7:36 PM

Hi there!

I need you advice. What do you think about Villa Bellagio to stay overnight? Is it nice and clean? Thank you.

1 Answer Oct 16, 2008 at 2:26 AM
    • tjoayuli's Profile Photo

best local food and things to do

by tjoayuli Online Now Oct 3, 2008 at 12:49 AM

Hi there!

I will be in Lago di Como early November this year. Any suggestion for best local food and things to do there? Thank you so much!

5 Answers Oct 17, 2008 at 12:42 AM
    • Lago di Como or Florence

by Kristin2000 Online Now Oct 1, 2008 at 10:36 AM

We are leaving very shortly for a week in Sondrio. We will have 5 additional days to spend in Northern Italy. We can't decide whether to go to Lago di Como or to Florence. We thought of staying in Varenna and hiking and exploring the lake towns on the ferries. We love to walk/hike and it looks like a breathtaking spot to explore. I wonder if the weather is good for hiking right now and if the Lake is a bit too quiet in October with many things closed.
      As for Florence, so many people have told us how much they love Florence that we just can't decide where to go. We love art. One friend said that Florence is like an Advent Calendar with something wonderful behind every door or around every corner and that it is a walking city. I fear we will regret not seeing Florence. I wonder also if Florence is very busy at this time of year.
      I posted a similar inquiry yesterday under Florence, but I can't find it now.
      Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! I don't think I can go wrong with either choice, but since it is October, maybe one place will have a clear advantage....

6 Answers Oct 28, 2008 at 7:28 AM
    • jotravel's Profile Photo

Varenna trattoria

by jotravel Online Now Oct 1, 2008 at 4:50 AM

In late October, does anyone know of a few small trattoria in Varenna that will be open? I've read about several hotel restaurants but nothing of the "home cooked" variety.

1 Answer Oct 2, 2008 at 2:18 AM
    • jotraveler's Profile Photo

Late October ferries

by jotraveler Online Now Sep 30, 2008 at 4:55 AM

I am traveling in late October (one night in Como, 5 nights in Varenna, last night in Como). The ferry schedule posted goes through Oct 5th so I'm assuming the ferries are less frequent in the off-season. Will it still be easy for me to explore all around the lake and not get stranded because of fewer ferries?

2 Answers Sep 30, 2008 at 7:01 AM
    • Question about a structure on Lake Como

by goldberg19 Online Now Aug 3, 2008 at 8:01 AM

Can someone kindly tell me what the building in this picture is?

comoguide.com/image-files/la...

I remember seeing it on my last trip to Lake Como from the ferry boat in the northern section, but nobody around me could tell me exactly what it is and this website doesn't name it.

Thank you

2 Answers Aug 3, 2008 at 10:27 PM
    • edruiz's Profile Photo

Bus and Fery Service for Nesso

by edruiz Online Now Jul 5, 2008 at 11:23 AM

Hi,

I have found a great place for me and my friends in the town of Nesso. My only concern is getting to and from other towns in Lake Como. As I understand it, there are only two scheduled ferry stops for Nesso. Is that right? What about buses? Is there a regular bus that runs to and from Bellagio or Como that I can use in case there is no ferry service for a particular time of day? If there is a bus service, can someone let me know how to get the schedule? We will be in the Lake Como area in early October.

Thanks in advance for the replies!

Ed

2 Answers Sep 19, 2013 at 1:03 AM
    • Youth Hostel in Menaggio or Como?

by amberash Online Now May 29, 2008 at 3:39 AM

I'm trying to decided which of the two youth hostels to stay in. Would Menaggio or Como be a better place to stay? I'd want to explore the whole lake, so which one has the easiest access to public transport?

Thanks!

5 Answers Jul 31, 2008 at 11:18 PM
    • Hotel Du Lac or Hotel Metropole Bellagio???

by jenntish Online Now May 20, 2008 at 8:33 AM

We can stay at either one... but at Hotel Du Lac we would be in a superior room facing the lake, but for 85 more Euros per night (hotel du lac = 220 euros, Hotel Metropole = 135 Euros)! Is it worth it? What would you do???

2 Answers May 20, 2008 at 10:11 AM
    • Poida's Profile Photo

Newbie to Lake Como

by Poida Online Now May 20, 2008 at 4:31 AM

Hi everyone,
      My girlfriend and i are going to Lake Como in late July - early August and that's all we've worked out so far! :) Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best town to base ourselves in? Ideally somewhere picturesque, not super touristy, and easy to get to other places from.

Thanks in advance!

5 Answers Jun 22, 2009 at 12:02 PM
    • PotatoChips's Profile Photo

9 days in Italy - hope it's not a mad schedule

by PotatoChips Online Now Apr 24, 2008 at 2:51 PM

Hi,

I am planning a 9 full days trip to Italy early October and need some advices.

1) Can anyone let me know if the following itinerary is too ambitious:

Day 1: Positano
      Day 2: Capri
      Day 3: Florence
      (Train to Florence in the morning)
      Day 4: Florence
      Day 5: Chianti
      (Drive from day 5-9)
      Day 6: Siena
      (Arrive in Siena night before. Depart after 4pm for Cinque Terre)
      Day 7: Cinque Terre
      Day 8: Lake Como
      Day 9: Lake Como
      (Drive to Malpensa airport for 7pm flight)

2) As we do not require a car for Cinque Terre, would anyone advise me to drop off my car at Cinque Terre/La Spezia and use public transports moving onwards or keep the car. Current plan is to keep the car as my time is quite limited and I can appreciate the ease of getting to the airport. Please advise if I am needlessly wasting money.

3) I can't seem to find any affordable and decent accomodation for less than Euro60 in Bellagio. The best I have found for Euro60 is in Como. Does anyone have anything to recommend?

Many thanks in advance!!!

11 Answers May 20, 2008 at 4:19 PM