Lago di Como Travel Answers

change location

Trip from Verona to Lago di Como

by MarciaMoraesGaui Online Now Aug 3, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I'm planing a day trip from Verona to Lago Como, where should I go? How many hours?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Trip from Verona to Lago di Como

by leics Online Now Aug 3, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Are you driving or using public transport?

If you are driving (or not) you could go to Como itself and take the lake ferries from there to other settlements. Ferry info and timetables in English:

navlaghi.it/eng/c_illago.htm...

Or you could drive the lake shore (I'm not sure how easy parking will be, and I'm sure it won't be cheap). I'd still suggest Como, but Id suggest you also try to visit Bellagio and Varenna (there is a ferry from one to the other).

www.viamichelin.com will give you route, route information and estimated driving times.

If you do not have a car you can get to Lecco and Varenna by train from Verona, and also to Como. Train times, details and fares in English:

trenitalia.com/homepage_en.h...

But train journeys are 2+ hours.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Roadquill's Profile Photo

Re: Trip from Verona to Lago di Como

by Roadquill Online Now Aug 3, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Most of the trains are set up to go from Verona to Milan Centrale then 40 minutes up to Lecco or the town of Como. You can also arrange to change at Brescia, then to Bergamo, then up to Lecco. But you would have to leave early in the morning as most of the trains from Bergamo to Lecco are in the morning. Also note that the boat/ferries tend to stop running from Lecco to Bellagio for several hours around lunch. I don't know the schedule if you were to come from the town of Como. We found the trip from Bergamo to Lecco very relaxing, Lecco an enjoyable town to walk around in then the boat to Bellagio and then on to Varenna a great day trip. We took the train back from Varenna to Lecco, then Bergamo. Karl

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines