Lago de Atitlán Travel Answers

change location

Getting to Lago De Atitlan?

by dan382 Online Now Mar 11, 2007 at 2:58 PM

Hi,
Arriving in GT latter this wk. Any recommended travel companies or methods to get from Guatemala City aiport to Lago De Atitlan area?
Thx.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • bminorca's Profile Photo

RE: Getting to Lago De Atitlan?

by bminorca Online Now Mar 11, 2007 at 9:23 PM

Are you going to Antigua Guatemala as well? It takes an hour by bus from Guatemal City to Antigua where almost every travel agency has a shuttle bus to Lago de Atitlan (Panajachel).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Getting to Lago De Atitlan?

by dan382 Online Now Mar 12, 2007 at 8:02 AM

Yes, but after we visit the Lake area. I was hoping to find good transportation direct from airport just to save hassel and time.

RE: RE: Getting to Lago De Atitlan?

by bminorca Online Now Mar 12, 2007 at 7:01 PM

Panajachel is a small town which also has plenty of travel agencies. I am sure they can arrange transportation to the airport in Guatemala City. You can book it as soon as you arrive there.

I was worried about the transportation. But I realized that it wasn't a problem once I got there.

Good luck!

• RE: RE: Getting to Lago De Atitlan?

by dan382 Online Now Mar 12, 2007 at 8:26 PM

I'm looking for transportation from GT city airport to Lake Atitlan. how much should I expect this bus or shuttle to cost me? Any recommendations of travel agencies that can get me this trip from airport would be appreciated.
    thx.

RE: RE: Getting to Lago De Atitlan?

by bminorca Online Now Mar 12, 2007 at 9:45 PM

I know that there are shuttle buses to Antigua at the airport. But I am not sure if there any shuttle buses to Panajachel. You could ask once you arrive at the airport. The worst case would be to go to Antigua and transfer from there.

There is a bus from Guatemala City to Panajachel. But it is in Zona 1.

Transportes Rebuli
    21 Calle/4 Avenida Zona 1
    Every hour between 5:30 - 15:30

The trip takes 3 hours and costs Q15.

• RE: Getting to Lago De Atitlan?

by JJDelmonte Online Now Mar 15, 2007 at 8:30 AM

Hi there, The majority of the shuttle vans at the airport go to antigua10 p/p but there are some that go to atitlan for25 p/p. You buy your ticket at the booth inside the terminal. If not, then more than likely you'll find other travellers going there too and you could share a cab for just about the same25. Otherwise you could take a cab to transportes Rebuli. Go to www.turansa.com or www.for additional information on shuttle van schedule. Good luck.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines