Travel Answers
Lago d' Orta

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Corso Cobianchi No 10 Intra (prov di Novara)

Intra Mar 26, 2014 at 6:08 PM

I would like to know if this address still exists and if so what is it (residential or commercial etc.) as I am planning on visiting there in 2015 as part of my genealogy research. My father lived there for a number of years around 1948 (off the top of my head) before he came to Australia and the family were Righetti. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

more
    • Corso Cobianchi No 10 Intra Italy

Intra Mar 27, 2014 at 12:10 AM

I would like to know if this address still exists and if so what is it (residential or commercial etc.) as I am planning on visiting there in 2015 as part of my genealogy research. My father lived there for a number of years around 1948 (off the top of my head) before he came to Australia and the family were Righetti. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

more
    • TO STAY IN ORTA OR MAGGIORE FOR 4 NIGHTS?

by loracyellamo Online Now Aug 12, 2013 at 1:43 PM

My husband and I are flying from JFK to Linate and don't know which lake to stay at. We are in our
      late 70s and fit, although I have difficulty climbing steep hills., but in general I have no limitations.
      I was sold on Maggiore until I started reading reviews that Orta was charming and romantic and now
      I'm confused. We stayed in Como a couple of years ago and loved it. Would you recommend staying
      2 nights in each as a compromise? We like good food, Villa Crespi has some good specials but the
      prices are a tad steep and I wonder if it's worth it. Would it be smarter to stay in town and have the
      restaurants close by? We will have a car and we're used to driving all over Italy...we have been in the
      country quite a bit and love everything about it. I want to go to the factory outlets and have read about
      the Lora Piana and Colombo Cashmere and Alessi as places to shop. Any comments about any of this
      will be very much appreciated! And I thank you in advance! We are going to be there from Sept. 10-14
      and wonder about the weather as well. lorac yellamo

3 Answers Aug 24, 2013 at 2:00 PM
    • Propose to Girlfriend

by dsloper Online Now Aug 5, 2008 at 12:14 PM

Hi,

Girlfriend and I are at a wedding on Laga d' Orta in August, staying at camping cusio

I am looking for a restauruant that is ideal to propose to the girlfriend in and that I can can the restaurant involved (maybe bring the ring out in a glass etc).

However, I don't really want anywhere where other members of the wedding party may go that night.

Can anyone recommend a good place with contact details?

Thanks

Darren

1 Answer Aug 7, 2008 at 4:44 AM
    • agnellid's Profile Photo

World fireworks Championship

by agnellid Online Now Aug 1, 2008 at 3:56 AM

We would like to see the fireworks championship being held in Omegna in August but cannot find any details regarding the dates. Can anyone advise please?

Grazie
      Dave Agnelli

3 Answers Aug 1, 2008 at 10:44 AM
    • wild camping around the lakes

by hcook Online Now Jun 1, 2008 at 4:53 PM

we are coming to northern Italy in our small campervan, at the beginning of august, and wondered if anyone knew of any possible quiet spots suitable for wild camping... we are travelling from UK, through Germany and Switzerland before arriving in Italy. We shall have our canoe too, so somewhere near a lake would be good

thanks

• nostromo's Profile Photo

Getting to Lago d'Orta

by nostromo Online Now Apr 5, 2008 at 6:20 AM

What's the best way to get to Lago d'Orta by public transport? I'd prefer not to rent a car in Italy.

2 Answers Apr 10, 2008 at 7:43 AM
    • boat hire in Lago d'Orta

by annapeter Online Now Apr 30, 2006 at 8:15 AM

Does anyone know where i can rent a small boat in or around Lago d'Orta. I would like to be able to keep it for around a week. It does not have to be anything at all fancy, a little rowing boat would do. I would be grateful to receive any suggustions.

Thank you for your help

Regards
      Anna