Lago Titicaca Travel Answers

change location
guntackle's Profile Photo

Puno to La Paz

by guntackle Online Now Jul 23, 2004 at 4:11 PM

Hi there Unfortunately I have an extremely limited stay in Peru but it has always been an ambition of mine to sail on Lake Titicaca. I have heard that there is a Hydrofoil that croses from Puno to La Paz (via Isla Sol). If this is true can anybody tell me how I can book a trip across the lake (I arrive on the train from Cusco at 1800 on Monday 4th October and need to be in La Paz for my flight to Chile on Friday 9th October). Can anyone out there help - have any ideas? Regards Mike

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Puno to La Paz

by nick44 Online Now Jul 25, 2004 at 10:01 PM

I do not know of any Hydrofoil. I crossed the lake form puno to the Peru Boliva boader on a small boat (8 hours) because the road was blocked by a protest and the lake was the only way through (25USD they were charging, or you could wait 3 days in Puno). So unless there is another strike all you can do is take a bus to Copocabana on Tues Morning, do an isla del Sol stay Tues night catch a bus to La Paz on Wed night or Thurs Morning. The buses are frequent. Have a good TIme

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Puno to La Paz

by emphasis Online Now Jul 6, 2006 at 4:24 PM

there are no boats to La Paz!
    i believe all hydrofoils are used by tour operators who use it for all inclusive tour.

what exactly do you mean by 'sail on Lake Titicaca' 1hr, 2 hr, overnight, etc

it would also help to know what time your flight deaprts from LaPaz

do you not want to spend anytime in LaPaz?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Lago Titicaca