Lago Titicaca Travel Answers

change location

Organize a Homestay?

by Moneekey Online Now Jun 1, 2004 at 7:58 PM

Hello I've been told that people often set up a 'homestay' while visiting Lake Titicaca? Is this something that needs to be organized in advance or is it something one can organize on the day of arrival?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Re: Re: Organize a Homestay?

by Moneekey Online Now Jun 3, 2004 at 8:41 AM

are any of the islands recommended over another?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by Moneekey Online Now Jun 22, 2004 at 9:00 PM

how much does it cost on average to organize a homestay?

by janduine Online Now Jul 13, 2004 at 12:30 AM

Hi we made a reservation for the end of July 2004: leaving in the morning to the Uros Floating Islands (quite touristic, by the way) then continue to Amantani to stay the rest of the day and the night, the following morning we go to Taquile and will have lunch there. We made our reservations at the Hostal Los Uros in Puno (e-mail: huros@speedy.com.pe). It will cost us usd 12,-- each, 'all inclusive' (less the lunch at Taquile). We did organise it in advance because we are a family of six, but I think that it is quite simple to book upon arrival in Puno when you are only one or two. Enjoy yourself! Jan Duine

• Hualcupen's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Organize a Homestay?

by Hualcupen Online Now Dec 17, 2004 at 6:09 AM

hi Jan. I´m going to Puno in April, and have to make reservations to stay there. Do you recommend the Hostal los Uros? Did u visit Isla del Sol and Isla de la Luna? (sun n moon islands) thks

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Lago Titicaca