Länsi-Suomi

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Getting to Kilpisjärvi

Kilpisjärvi Mar 23, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Does anybody know what the roads from Tromso to Kilpisjärvi are like to drive on in March? Thanks :)

more
    • Train Travel centre

Varkaus Apr 15, 2014 at 11:30 PM

I booked a ticket in Vr.fi to travel. But i do not know where is the terminal to get into the train.

more
    • Airport Transfer

Helsinki Apr 6, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Could you assist in best transfer from Airport, to Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel,Ruoholahdenranta 3, Eteläinen Suurpiiri, 00180 Helsinki

more
    • 10 days in Finland by car

Finland Apr 12, 2014 at 5:36 AM

Hello!

we're 4 adults comming to Finland on 30.5-9.6 (10 nights).

day 1: we are landing at the Vantaa airport at 13:00 pm and renting a car for all days trip.
      after taking the car we'r driving to Lappeenranta and going to stay there for 1 night.

day 2: road trip to Koli national park. and spending the night at Kajaani.

day 3-4: driving to Rovaniemi and stay for 2 days

day 5: driving to Tampere for one night

day 6-10: Espoo- we booked 3 night at Scandic Hotel. at day 6 we're going to Kivenlahti Rock Festivaali. we can drive from Espoo to Turku by car and also visit in Helsinki.

can you please tell me if the planned trip is ok? there is more places we should visit? we can change the trip destinations except days 6-10 (we have already booked hotel and bought tickets to the festival).
      it would be great if you can recommend for places to visit at the cities we're going to visit (sights, nightlife, resturants, cheap hotels, and more...)

thank you!!

more
    • Pascom01's Profile Photo

Wellington Boots and Snow and Ice

Rovaniemi Apr 9, 2014 at 3:55 AM

Hi, are Wellington boots sensible footwear during December/January in Rovaniemi. they are obviously waterproof but will they be warm enough (with socks and the like of course). I suspect they would be slippery on snow, would that be correct? Or should I look at other waterproof footwear - We are coming from Australia and I have never had to consider this in the past - Thanks and Regards -- Malcolm

more
    • Best time to Visit

Rovaniemi Apr 6, 2014 at 2:51 AM

Hi,
      We are from Malaysia (tropical weather all year round) and planning to visit Scandinavia this year.
      My kids are big fans of Santa Claus and they have seen the photos of Rovaniemi and they want to visit Rovaniemi for sure.
      May I know what is the best time to visit Rovaniemi that we get to see snow and Santa Claus?
      Considering we are from Tropical countries, is it tough to adapt to the cold weather there?
      What's the best mode of transportation?
      When it snows, is it still possible to travel by flight?
      Hope to get your reply as we need to start planning our vacation soon!

Many thanks!

more
    • train travel

Helsinki Apr 5, 2014 at 5:41 AM

Is it safe to travel from helsinki to Kuopio by train late at night

more
    • Travel from turku

Varkaus Apr 16, 2014 at 2:35 AM

I need to travel from Turku to Varkaus on 20-04-2014 morning.. could you please suggest me the fastest way and cheapest commuter (bus/train)

more
    • Pascom01's Profile Photo

Driving in Rovaniemi in Winter

Rovaniemi Apr 9, 2014 at 3:48 AM

We are an Australian family of 8 spending a white Xmas in Rovaniemi from 20/12/14 to 27/12/14. Considering hiring cars as we have booked accommodation at Muurola. Given the time of the year, can you still drive around or is the area snowbound. do you need chains. is hiring cars possible/sensible? - regards Malcolm

more
    • heading to helsinki next week

Finland Apr 1, 2014 at 12:54 AM

hi. i m heading to finland for 12 days next week. fly in/out via helsinki. haven't got any plan yet. not even a hotel room is booked! i m thinking to head all the way north w/ small stops in between. any suggestion? thanks!

more

Popular Länsi-Suomi Travel Answer Locations

• Info om museum

Vasa Feb 16, 2014 at 5:09 AM

Hej,
      Söker ett museum i Vasa där det finns gamla saker såsom möbler.
      Tacksam för webadress.
      Vänliga hälsningar, Mikaela Holm

6 Answers Feb 16, 2014 at 11:06 AM
    • marianzapolski

Turku Aug 31, 2013 at 4:56 AM

how to get to the turku airport from turku ferry terminal??

3 Answers Aug 31, 2013 at 2:10 PM
    • vaasa bus system

Vasa Aug 29, 2013 at 10:02 PM

How many bus lines in Vaasa. On the map it is filled with what color. I need a bus map in Vaasa where they see

3 Answers Aug 30, 2013 at 4:11 AM
    • Vaasa bus system

Vasa Aug 29, 2013 at 10:00 PM

How many bus lines in Vaasa. On the map it is filled with what color. I need a bus map in Vaasa where they see

2 Answers Aug 30, 2013 at 3:19 AM
    • arzauk's Profile Photo

Dress etiquette for classic concert at Sibelius Hall

Lahti Aug 17, 2013 at 5:08 AM

Hi, I'm on vacation in September and would like to attend a classical concert at Sibelius Hall. Would love to know if dress code is casual, or do I have to dress up?
      Thanks,

5 Answers Aug 20, 2013 at 7:26 AM
    • Biking in winter in Jyväskylä

Jyväskylä Jul 21, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Hey everyone!
      As an amateur, would it be safe for me to bike from and to University everyday even in winter? How slippery are the bicycle lanes and the streets in the snow seasons?

3 Answers Aug 30, 2013 at 12:23 AM
    • Jyväskylä: weathers and clothes

Jyväskylä Jul 16, 2013 at 8:04 AM

I'm coming to Jyväskylä for study in August and I'm staying there for two years. I was wondering what sort of clothes you'd suggest that I should take. As there are luggage weight limits (30 k), I'm not sure whether I'd better pack for winter too, or would summer clothes suffice for the time being? Would it be better to buy warm clothes and boots from Finland or do I take some with me?

3 Answers Aug 30, 2013 at 12:29 AM
    • Bus connection Turku airport

Taivassalo Jul 1, 2013 at 4:01 AM

Is there a bus connection from Turku Airport to Taivassalo?
      My flight arrives in Turku monday, july 15 at 1.40 PM.
      Thank you very much for answering my question.
      Annemie Verstrepen, Belgium

1 Answer Jul 1, 2013 at 3:31 PM
    • nniikkiittaa's Profile Photo

Turku - Kustavi

Turku Jun 27, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Hello! I arrive in Turku in 11.15. Need to get on the ferry m / s Vigen at 13.30. I watched the bus schedule - not the same. How much is a taxi? thank you

4 Answers Jun 27, 2013 at 1:11 PM
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

TurkuCard

Turku May 26, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Is the 24h TurkuCard (the one that costs 21 €) valid for 24hours or just until the end of the day that we buy it?

We plan to buy the card at 11.30am and want to use it next morning to use the bus from Hostel Turku to bus station (where ExpressBus departs)

6 Answers May 27, 2013 at 2:46 AM
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

ExpressBus to Helsinki airport

Turku May 26, 2013 at 7:18 AM

we want to catch a bus from Turku directly to Helsinki Airport for saturday 15 of june.
      our flight is at 13.45.

is the 9.30am bus from Turku a good option? according to their site we'll be at the airport at 11.40 but has anyone done this route? is it really 2 hours and 10 minutes as they say or the traffic may cause big delay?

4 Answers May 26, 2013 at 12:20 PM
    • Turku to stockholm ferry

Turku Mar 5, 2012 at 3:16 AM

Have a hire car and would like to take it on the ferry from turku to stockholm. Question is, will it be easy? Stress free? Can we just turn up or do we need to treat the tickets like airline tickets? Thanks heaps in advance)

3 Answers Mar 22, 2013 at 1:10 AM
    • Royal Curry House

Turku Jan 22, 2011 at 4:10 PM

Hi,
      I have heard about this new Indian restaurant,'Royal curry House'. Could someone please guide me where it is. I have read about it in the news paper but I do not remember the address. There was a lot written about its food.

3 Answers Jan 27, 2012 at 6:45 AM
    • How to go from Helsínquia to Turku and the price?

Turku Jan 4, 2011 at 1:34 AM

I would like to know how can I go from Helsínquia to Turku
      Thank you
      Filomena Clemente

4 Answers Mar 22, 2013 at 11:59 PM
    • bus number

Turku Aug 21, 2010 at 8:39 AM

Hi
      I want to go to tavastagatan 13 from Emmauksenkatu. which bus number should I use?

There are buses number 14, 15, 55, 56 available at Emmauksenkatu.

• Limeypop's Profile Photo

Midsummer's Day 2010

Turku May 5, 2010 at 7:50 PM

My work in Turku will end on 24 June, but I will not leave until 26 June, 2010. I understand that Finns like to go to a cottage with their family at Midsummer, but will there be any festivities in or near Turku that I could attend as a tourist? Any other suggestions? Thank you so much!

2 Answers Jul 22, 2010 at 9:28 AM
    • Turku ferry terminal to Tampere

Turku Mar 9, 2010 at 2:37 AM

What is quickest and/or cheapest way to go from the ferry terminal in Turku (if coming with the boat from Stockholm) if you want to go to Tampere? Any advice much appreciated.

2 Answers Mar 10, 2010 at 11:52 PM
    • manuna's Profile Photo

Taxi from Turku to Naantaly and back

Turku Feb 8, 2010 at 5:42 AM

Is it possible to take a taxi between the two cities? What will be approximate charge? I want to be flexible with my time-table and want to save money. There will be 4 of us (2 adults and 2 children. But my elder son will be 16, so I guess he is considered as an adult) So I think that may be taxi will be a better decision then Moomibus? We are planning to visit Moomiworld and Vaski island in one day and be back in Turku in 19:30. Is it real or this is too much?
      Thank you.

4 Answers Mar 1, 2010 at 4:52 AM
    • Natalya2006's Profile Photo

Free parking in Jyvaskyla

Jyväskylä Nov 13, 2009 at 11:55 AM

Is there a free parking in Jyvaskyla (not far from the city center) where I can leave a car for a night?
      Thanks in advance for the reply.

12 Answers Dec 10, 2009 at 8:59 AM
    • aterola's Profile Photo

Turku from Helsinki

Turku Jul 16, 2009 at 4:12 AM

Terve,
      I would like to ask you what is the best way to get from Helsinki to Turku? Fast and not too expencive?
      Kiitos

3 Answers Jul 22, 2009 at 12:02 PM
    • tonygspot's Profile Photo

somewhere to stay.

Lahti May 5, 2009 at 4:15 AM

I am desperately seeking very cheap accomodation in Lahti between the dates of 29 July 2009 and 3 August 2009.

Maybe some exchange ..that is I stay with you and then later you could stay at my home in England.

Anyone got any ideas...please.

Regards.....Anthony.

1 Answer May 5, 2009 at 4:42 AM
    • Avis car rental nearest to Silja line port

Turku Mar 30, 2009 at 3:14 PM

I will be arriving in Turku via the Silja line ferry but do not know the address so unable to determine nearest Avis car rental location. Can you help?

1 Answer Mar 30, 2009 at 3:23 PM
    • Urgent!! Can anyone help me, Please

Turku Feb 2, 2009 at 1:15 AM

My daughter is going to TURKU by ship next week, can anyone tell she that is there any ATM machine for she to withdraw money since she does not has any EUR dollar in hand. Many Thanks.

8 Answers Jul 22, 2010 at 9:31 AM
    • ATM Machine

Turku Feb 1, 2009 at 1:38 AM

I am going to Turku from Sweden by ship. Is there any ATM machine where I can get cash after I get on board? Thanks

• Help me

Turku Jan 9, 2009 at 1:28 PM

How much cost a cabin for one person ,on Viking Line ship?
      If you have to bay the ticket in advance ?I intend to travel in July

2 Answers Mar 28, 2009 at 9:26 AM
    • RENE_CARDOEN's Profile Photo

Ferry Stockholm - Turku

Turku Feb 28, 2008 at 6:57 AM

Hi,
      I would like to take the ferry Stockholm - Turku with my camper van and visit Finland. Knowing that the trip takes some 11 hours, how do I keep the fridge and freezer working?
      Viking Lines says there is no possibility to connect the camper on electricity nor gas?
      Are there other possibilities to cross the Baltic sea or any tricks to keep the food cool?
      Thanks

5 Answers Mar 1, 2008 at 8:48 PM
    • accomodations

Hämeenkyrö Feb 2, 2008 at 5:07 PM

We are planning a vacation to Hameenkyro this july 2008. Are there any campgrounds, cottages or trailors to rent. Also, local hotel in the area, and prices? Thanks for any suggestions

3 Answers Jul 22, 2008 at 9:46 AM
    • Nurmes is not in Länsi-Suomi

Nurmes Nov 4, 2007 at 3:12 AM

you could delete this, it's not in Rauma...

2 Answers Nov 7, 2007 at 12:15 AM
    • Does anybody knows good and inexpensive cottege in Lahti?

Lahti Sep 27, 2007 at 12:10 PM

I and my friends (10 persons) want to rent a cottage or 2, depends on conditions, for a New year (from 29 dec. till 4-5 jan.)in Lahti or nearby (1-2 km). Maybe someone knows such a good place or can reccomend smth.?
      my e-mail: juus@yandex.ru, Nastya
      Thanks a lot:)

1 Answer Oct 2, 2007 at 9:54 AM
    • Explorer_spb's Profile Photo

Parking close to port

Turku Aug 15, 2007 at 8:10 AM

Hej!
      Can anybody advice where can I drop my car close to Turku port while I'm travelling over the archipelago and Alands? I'm going to get to Turku by my car then to travel by ferries for next few days. I know about parking in the port but would be nice to find less expensive place.